Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major glitch - no official announcement yet

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
11 of 21

"I changed my password 3 hours ago..."

Smart move. As of now, as far as I'm concerned everything in my Upwork account is compromised until the results of a proper security incident audit are released.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Leader
Mark C Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
12 of 21

@fergus M wrote:

Smart move. As of now, as far as I'm concerned everything in my Upwork account is compromised until the results of a proper security incident audit are released.

I hope that is an external security audit.

Not too sure I would have much confidence in an internal security audit.

Community Guru
13 of 21

"Not too sure I would have much confidence in an internal security audit."

Me neither.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
14 of 21

"we've resolved the root cause of what was resulting in some users seeing another's profile picture upon login"

No, you haven't. People are still reporting logging in and finding themselves in someone else's account. Please take the site down until the extent of the security failure has been identified, those affected have been notified and the fault has been properly fixed. All our personal data is potentially wide open here.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 21

@Garnor M wrote:

.....resulting in some users seeing another's profile picture upon login.

With all due respect, Garnor... "some users" weren't just seeing "another's profile picture"

That's lame.

santosh p Member Since: Aug 21, 2015
16 of 21

why site not wokring since last couple of day.it affects our business badly

please fix site.

Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
17 of 21

I saw posts about this on our local FB Upwork freelancing group page... so I went here to see wazzup.  Apparently, people are not only seeing a different profile picture... but another person's Upwork profile complete with all the information of that other person.  

Just changed my password too for added security.  I have to agree with the OP -- this is something major, one you can't simply hush.. or ignore. 

Community Leader
William M Member Since: Feb 10, 2015
18 of 21

I hope this isn't related to my account on Ashley Madison.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
19 of 21

It's a great time to be a divorce lawyer right now. Always think of the positive, Bill.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
20 of 21

Garnor, no offense, but your information policy is making matters significantly worse and not better. It's adding insult to injury. When can we expect an honest answer? And not one that is trying to tell us that what happened today wasn't all that bad after all. I would like to know who exactly had access to my data. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS