🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Major payment issues?
Page options
tanya-mikhaylova
Community Member

Major payment issues?

Is Upwork having issues/experiencing a bug verifying/accepting credit cards for clients and freelances? I have had two potential clients who tried to hire me in the last week and both could not add a credit card to get a contract started. This has never been an issue before. There are payment issue threads on both Client and Freelancing forums, and the Client thread is 155 pages long....

Has Upwork made an official announcement? 

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Tatyana,

I'd be happy to check on this for you. Could you please send me a PM with more information so I can check? Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
92f288e0
Community Member

Hello. I am one of the clients trying to hire a freelancer and UpWork will not accept any of my payment methods. It'a definitely a bug. I've tried three cards and my (Verfied) Paypal account and still all I get is the error message: "Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Contact Customer Support." 

And yet, there is no way to contact customer support? 

I've never seen a company make it SO hard for me to give money. 

Hi Danielle,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges while adding your billing method. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

I'm having the same issue. I'd like to hire my freelancer but I've tried three of my totally functional credit cards and I also tried my verified paypal account and I keep getting error messages.

"Financial transactions from your company have been limited"

"Your account is currently suspended and you have an outstanding balance" (not true btw.)

"We're sorry. We're experiencing technical problems and can't process your request right now."

I'd love to attach screenshots here but this system is so wack that it says my files are not a supported file type, even though I have tried as .jpg and .png 

WHAT GIVES UPWORK? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members