🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Make track records of sent proposals.
Page options
niharikasharma_
Community Member

Make track records of sent proposals.

I think Upwork should make a way of tracking each of our sent proposals. Whether it is seen or not, opened or not, if opened than visited our profile or not. New freelancers need this to make our career here.
11 REPLIES 11
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I think Upwork should make a way of tracking each of our sent proposals. Whether it is seen or not, opened or not, if opened than visited our profile or not. New freelancers need this to make our career here."

Upwork could implement some of that if they wanted to.

How helpful it would actually be, I don't know...

For now, do what most of the experienced freelancers do:

Submit a proposal and then forget about it.

It's not part of my life. It has nothing to do with me. I don't think about it.

If the client decides to contact me, then I'll pay attention to it.

No, it's not that easy.

I left my full time job to make my full time career as as freelancer here.

This need to be amended.

Niharika S wrote:

No, it's not that easy.

This need to be amended.

Well, maybe it was not a good decision.
Maybe you should have kept that job fixed until you were able to establish yourself as a freelance to have a "mattress" in the meantime.
What you can be sure of is that, Upwork, it's not going to change this for you.
Good luck!

Thanks, but how do you think should I stablize my career here?

Any tips and guidance according to my profile ? I request you to visit my profile once.

Niharika S wrote:

That was either brave or insane.

You've made $ 25 so far, I guess that's $ 25 more than the vast majority of freelancers in your completely overcrowded category have managed...

How should I take this ? 

Should I go and join some full time job again ?

Niharika S wrote:

How should I take this ? 

Should I go and join some full time job again ?

Nobody can tell you what the right decision for you is.

Can you live on what you are making on Upwork and/or have saved enough money to see you through the first few months while you build up your business?

I'am living along with my parents. This is my second month and probably the last here. I'am gonna join somewhere else, if it dosen't happen. And I don't know why I feel your reply rude. My topic is not going to get resolved. Thanks for words 😊

re: "I left my full time job to make my full time career as as freelancer here. This needs to be amended."

Um... okay.

You realize that's not actually the basis for Upwork making any of its decisions, right?

re: "I'm living alone with my parents."

Your parents are pretty awesome people, and they're not going to throw you out any time soon.

You don't need to worry about income right now.

Take as much time as you need to find your path.

It could be on Upwork. It could be somewhere else.

You could take a year off from applying to jobs on Upwork or doing any other paid work, and spend time studying the works of Picasso and Amrita Shergill. How many people really, really, really are familiar with their works? You could be one of the few people who are.

Niharika S wrote:

No, it's not that easy.

This need to be amended.

How would it help you? You would still not know why a client has not opened your proposal, looked at you profile, and not hired you. Or maybe he opened the proposal, but never looked at your profile. You don't gain any information how you could improve, the only thing that happens it makes you crazy and paranoid. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Niharika S wrote:
I think Upwork should make a way of tracking each of our sent proposals. Whether it is seen or not, opened or not, if opened than visited our profile or not. New freelancers need this to make our career here.

Yes, I agree that this would benefit new freelancers. When I was starting out on Elance, I used to track all of my bids and it really helped me to learn and improve. (These days, I do the same as Preston - just place bids and not worry about it.)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths