🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Making Upwork invoices compliant with French ...
Page options
pahallam
Community Member

Making Upwork invoices compliant with French invoicing rules

I recently registered as a micro-entrepreneur in France and realise that France has strict rules for formatting invoices. Upwork invoices don't comply with these rules so my question is:

a) Do I need to change the format of Upwork's invoices to my clients to comply with French rules?

b) How would I do that, since there seems to be very limited scope to change information on Upwork invoices (basically just the address fields under Tax Residence)

c) Do I need to do anything? Can I just keep the Upwork invoices as they are and just declare the payments received as income? What would happen if I was asked to produce these non-compliant invoices?

The amounts of money are very small at the moment but I want to start on the right track.

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
colettelewis
Community Member

Hi Patricia, 

I am also a micro-entrepreneur, and I have never been asked to show any invoices, although I have a file for every assignment and keep a record of all the invoices in case I am asked to hand them over. I simply pay my taxes every quarter to URSSAF via my bank. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
colettelewis
Community Member

Hi Patricia, 

I am also a micro-entrepreneur, and I have never been asked to show any invoices, although I have a file for every assignment and keep a record of all the invoices in case I am asked to hand them over. I simply pay my taxes every quarter to URSSAF via my bank. 

Thanks very much. That puts my mind at rest. As well as having my invoices stored on Upwork I've downloaded them & kept them on my PC as well, just in case I am asked for them.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths