🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Making proposals
Page options
c58e523f
Community Member

Making proposals

Hi,

I have 2 questions regarding the submission of proposals.

1- How we need to fill the section "duration of the work"? in many cases we have no idea about the volume of the work, so how we can say the duration that the work will get done?

2- How we have to fill the milestones section and their description?I mean how many milestones we have to choose and how we have to fill the description?

please help me through this

Thank you so much

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Firoozeh,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. While you can't really determine the exact duration of the work or the exact scope before discussing with the client, please note that when submitting proposals, you can initially gauge the duration according to your own estimate and experience. This means that you may choose what you think is the most accurate duration and determine the amount or number of milestones according to your initial estimate. During the interview phase, we encourage that you discuss further project details with your client so they can create a contract according to what you both agreed on. 

Regarding your milestones question, please check out this help article as it explains everything on how you can add or edit milestones.

Additionally, you may want to check out these helpful articles as well for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you so much for your kind reply
Actually I didn't get my answer by searching in all those links!! Let me
ask you by an example: I applied for an interpreting job for a seminar.
They didn't give any date, also nothing about the duration of the seminar,
how many days, how many hours. So in this case what should I choose for the
duration of the work? also for the milestones description, how many
milestones I have to choose? is it usual to indicate in the description of
each milestone, "before starting the work", "after finishing the work"? I
mean what should I write in the "description" part of each milestone? it's
not clear anywhere that I searched!!
I appreciate if you can kindly help me through this
Thank you so much
Best regards
Firoozeh
robin_hyman
Community Member

1- How we need to fill the section "duration of the work"? in many cases we have no idea about the volume of the work, so how we can say the duration that the work will get done?

They want to know your availability and best guess at how long it would take you to complete the project. If you have no idea, simply respond "after I receive answers to questions I have about this project, I can better estimate how long it will take".

2- How we have to fill the milestones section and their description?I mean how many milestones we have to choose and how we have to fill the description?

I don't do milestones. I ask for a lump sum and in the proposal write, "Fixed price is a placeholder until I have a better understanding of project scope."

Thank you so much for your kind help.
Best regards
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths