🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Managing a task list within a large project
Page options
pkbrooks
Community Member

Managing a task list within a large project

I was wondering how freelancers handle this topic:

I get hired on to some pretty large jobs (millwork, cabinets, furniture design and production drawings).  By the hour and milestone proposals usually do not break down the work flow far enough for the constant back and forth that goes on with design iterations and changes.  

I use Asana for project managment and Dropbox/Paper for notes to interact with clients away from Upwork but it seems like that is a violation of Upwork policy to go away from the interface and use those products for my Upwork jobs.  Is there a way to build into Upwork a project managment style panel that allows the freelancer to populate a standard set of tasks that are seen by the client as well?  Can those tasks be interactive and have note taking attached to them and file upload attached to them and then a way to "check" them off when they are done so freelancer and client both see the progress of decision making and completed tasks?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Keith B wrote:

I use Asana for project managment and Dropbox/Paper for notes to interact with clients away from Upwork but it seems like that is a violation of Upwork policy to go away from the interface and use those products for my Upwork jobs. 

It isn't at all. Keep using what suits yourself and your clients, you are not breaking any rules doing so.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Keith B wrote:

I use Asana for project managment and Dropbox/Paper for notes to interact with clients away from Upwork but it seems like that is a violation of Upwork policy to go away from the interface and use those products for my Upwork jobs. 

It isn't at all. Keep using what suits yourself and your clients, you are not breaking any rules doing so.

pkbrooks
Community Member

Really?!?  Isn't that communicating with a client away from Upwork?

petra_r
Community Member

Keith B wrote:

Really?!?  Isn't that communicating with a client away from Upwork?

Of course, and that is allowed. As long as moneyis paid only via Upwork, you can communicate any way you like.

pkbrooks
Community Member

I did not know that.  Makes things much easier for me.  Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths