Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Time Entries

Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
11 of 12

Vladimir G wrote:

Robin, regarding shortening the 10-minute interval to 5 minutes, this isn't on our roadmap but will share your feedback with our team. Could you expand on the reasons why you'd prefer the shorter interval and how it would be more beneficial for your work process and type of work?

Hi Vladimir,

I'm a marketing copywriter and most of my projects are rewriting emails and website landing pages.  Since my work requires creativity and 100% concentration, I tend to work in increments taking frequent breaks (sometimes at the 15-minute mark).  I may complete a section and need to regroup before continuing.  If the timing is even a few minutes under the 10-minute manual time allocation, I round down.  If I had the option of 5 minutes vs. 10 minutes, it would be a more accurate representation of the time needed to complete the project.  

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for addressing!

Robin

Community Guru
Alexandra H Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
12 of 12

I share the 5-minute preference with Robin, so maybe my answer helps too.

I had to overcharge a client recently (1:50 instead of 1:45) because the client had my quote for his material and I did not want to make the client have to change his setting for hourly billing instead of fixed-price. (I don't use the time tracker.) So, the reason for me would be saving the client some trouble and speeding up the payment process but not wanting to under- or overcharge, I guess.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS