🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Manual Time vs Maximum Time allotted
Page options
breckokim
Community Member

Manual Time vs Maximum Time allotted

I posted a job for max 4 hours for this project. The contractor logged 2.5 hours manually, but I'm being charged for the full 4 hours. Please advise so I can learn if I set this up incorrectly or....?

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I posted a job for max 4 hours for this project. The contractor logged 2.5 hours manually, but I'm being charged for the full 4 hours. Please advise so I can learn if I set this up incorrectly or....?"

Kim:

There must be some confusion here.

No client is charged based on the "maximum number of hours per week" setting.

Clients are only charged based on how many hours a freelancer logs.

Keep in mind:

There is no "max number of hours" setting.

There is only a "max number of hours per week" setting.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

If you're being charged 4 hours, then that's how many the FL logged. Maybe they logged 1.5 with the desktop tracker plus 2.5 manually? You will need to talk to your FL to straighten it out.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kim,

On an hourly contract, your Freelancer log hours and you're automatically billed for them. On Monday, today,  you were invoiced for the previous week's hours based on your freelancers' Work Diaries. Your default billing method were charged automatically. If there's an issue, you have until Friday to file a dispute. Click here to learn more about the weekly billing cycle.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance and discuss this further with the freelancer in order to achieve mutual agreement.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths