🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Manual hours are not showing in my time sheet
Page options
bowie125
Community Member

Manual hours are not showing in my time sheet

I logged two hours last week.

My client was very happy with the work and asked if he should close the contract. I said yes, but my timesheet says ‘0.00 hours have been logged in the last 30 days’.

Please advise - this hasn’t happened before.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Amelia H.,

In case you don't know this already, keep in mind that even if a client "allows" you to add manual time to your weekly timelog for their project the client has no obligation of any kind under Upwork’s rules to ever actually pay you for that added time. Manual time is not protected in any way under Upwork's payment protection rules and Upwork will make no effort to enforce payment due to you for manually-booked work time.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062568-Upwork-Payment-Protection

Your client apparently didn't want to pay for your manual time.

If you want to try to be sure you're paid for all manual hours you book, the best you can do is only use manual time for a client you know well and trust completely. In general, if you are new to Upwork you should completely avoid the use of manual time until you completely understand Upwork and its payment rules and procedures.

Thank you for your replies.

The money has now appeared as ‘pending’ on my transaction history, so maybe it just took a while to come through.
petra_r
Community Member

Amelia H wrote:
I logged two hours last week.

My client was very happy with the work and asked if he should close the contract. I said yes, but my timesheet says ‘0.00 hours have been logged in the last 30 days’.

Every time that happened to me I had put the time in the wrong work diary... usually one belonging to a fixed rate contract 😉

Even if the client objected to manual time, it would still show and the client would still be billed. Clients can dispute manual time, they can not avoid it being charged (other than making their payment method decline), but they would still show up in the work diary and the contract details.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths