🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Manual hours didn't get paid and contract has...
Page options
ch_mehran
Community Member

Manual hours didn't get paid and contract has been ended mistakenly.

Hi,
We have started a contract with automatic hours. Then we decided a manual hours agreement. I have entered from my side but it was not showing to my client. And ultimately she ended the contract on Monday. She is ready to pay but do not know what is the solution?

11 REPLIES 11
prestonhunter
Community Member

Mehran:
If you entered your hours into the work diary, then you don't need to do anything.

The client doesn't need to do anything.

You can look at the details for this contract, even if it closed. It shows a certain number of hours, correct?

Then you're done.

You will be paid automatically for all of the time that you logged.

No, the logged hours were/are not showing on the “overview” window. Although, when the contract was live then it was showing only where I entered. But of course it is not present there now after the contract has been ended.
Hope I make sense!
m_terrazas
Community Member

Mehran S wrote:

Hi,
We have started a contract with automatic hours. Then we decided a manual hours agreement. I have entered from my side but it was not showing to my client. And ultimately she ended the contract on Monday. She is ready to pay but do not know what is the solution?

Do you have manual hours only? Do you know that with manual hours you don't have any payment protection? If the customer does not want to pay for them, he will win and you will not see the money.
If the client does not reject any of the manual hours, the payment is automatic as Preston told you.
In REPORTS / OVERVIEW you can see the state of the money for that contract.

Also, one more thing. She gave me a feedback, which I can see in the overview. However, in the public profile view I couldn’t see any review. It says no feedback given. What’s wrong.

Mehran S wrote:
Also, one more thing. She gave me a feedback, which I can see in the overview. However, in the public profile view I couldn’t see any review. It says no feedback given. What’s wrong.

Did you give comments to her?

Yes

Mehran S wrote:
Yes

Your profile is private, so I can't check if I can see the comments.

If you want me to check it, you must make your profile public.

NikolaS

Hi Mehran,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that in general, when you receive the earnings, the contract should show on your work history. You will receive your earnings for this contract according to the weekly billing cycle. Let us know if your contract and your client's feedback is not showing after you receive your funds so that we can assist you further. 

Please know that manual time does not qualify for Hourly Payment ProtectionWhen working hourly contracts, all time logged in the Work Diary by the freelancer is automatically invoiced to the client using the schedule below. You can find more information here

You may want to follow up with your client and ask them to process a bonus payment for the time you spent working on their project. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
tlbp
Community Member

Nikola S wrote:

Hi Mehran,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that in general, when you receive the earnings, the contract should show on your work history. You will receive your earnings for this contract according to the weekly billing cycle. Let us know if your contract and your client's feedback is not showing after you receive your funds so that we can assist you further. 

Please know that manual time does not qualify for Hourly Payment ProtectionWhen working hourly contracts, all time logged in the Work Diary by the freelancer is automatically invoiced to the client using the schedule below. You can find more information here

You may want to follow up with your client and ask them to process a bonus payment for the time you spent working on their project. 

Shouldn't he check to see if the payment has already been initiated via the hourly payment system first? Can you confirm for OP that the hours are in the system and being processed? It appears that neither he nor the client know how hourly payments and the payment cycles work. 

Hi Tonya and Mehran,

Unfortunately, I don't see any manual time added for the hourly contract Mehran just ended. It appears manual time may have been mistakenly added to a different, fixed-price, contract.

Mehran, could you please go to My Jobs > Work Diary to check the title of the contract the Manual Time was added to. Please, note that hours can be added to the Work Diary for a fixed-price contract for record-keeping purposes, but they will not be billed to the client automatically.

As for the hourly contract you just completed, you may need to discuss a bonus payment with your client as I suggested in my previous post as it's not possible to transfer manual hours from one contract to another.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you all for your support. Let me see what can I do.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths