🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Manual name review // Fix support loop
Page options
phthfa
Community Member

Manual name review // Fix support loop

G'day guys.

I've been going round in circles for five minutes trying to get in contact with support to request a manual name review on my account, but I always get ferried onto this forum by the Solvvy question-asking chatbox. It looks as if something's been added or changed recently and there's now no longer any way to talk personally to support.

So: Could I have a manual name reivew as desired? But also can the feedback loop and absence of link pathway to direct support communication be fixed please!

Cheers folks

Joe/Josef

5 REPLIES 5
versailles
Community Member

Support is not open to everybody and this forum is the right place for questions since Upwork people are reading and helping people.

BTW you cannot trigger an identity verification. It happens when it happens. And then it happens again and again randomly.

Why would you want to do it now?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Hey Rene,

I can appreciate support not being freely open but I'm being invited to contact them so I'd appreciate the ability to do so.

Likewise, I'm being invited by Upwork to request what they themselves call a 'manual name review', again via support. There's another thread in this forum with the exact same thread title wherein someone had the same query and had it resolved.

I've added my payment bank account details to my Upwork account and there's a discrepency between my legal and casual/profile/'brand' name. That's where this talk of reviews stems from.
I've attached a screenshot of the prompt from the Help Centre regarding Bank Account names, the hyperlinked 'here' takes the user to support, but what I assume used to be a contact field is now overridden by Solvvy, which itself invariably leads users here.

For info's sake, the link to support page in the screenshot is https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063768
Or, the landing page from the hyperlinked 'here' is https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hope this clears it up.

Okay. I flagged your post so an Upwork mod can come and help you.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joe,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
phthfa
Community Member

Awesome. Cheers guys!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths