Hi, I'm kind of new to Upwork and this is my first time adding manual time for my job. My client agreed on this since she needed some rush materials to be done and I already maxed out my work limit that week. The added manual time is seen on my work diary but doesn't show up on my pending bill. My client also said there's no notification or email prompted regarding this added time. For reference, I added this on a Friday and she was out of town Saturday-Tuesday and don't have access to her devices on that period.
**Edited for Community Guidelines**
Solved! Go to Solution.
You misinterpreted this.
You thought you saw manual time not showing up in your billing.
But it has nothing to do with manual time.
The problem is with hours that exceed the maximum number of hours allowed per week.
If five hours per week are allowed... and you work six hours... then you will be paid for only five hours.
It does not matter if the extra hours are logged manually or logged using the desktop time-tracker application.
For future reference:
- It is possible for a client to increase or decrease the maximum allowable hours at any time.
- Freelancers are automatically paid for the time they log - manually or app-bases, but only up to maximum allowable hours for a given week
- You will not be automatically paid for those over-maximum hours.
- It is possible for the client to change the maximum up until the last minute of the work week and have that change apply retroactively to hours logged during the week.
- It is possible for the client to use the client-side "Send bonus" payment to pay you for the extra time. This is voluntary on the client's part.