🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Manuallly adding Past Job to Work Diary
Page options
alabajames
Community Member

Manuallly adding Past Job to Work Diary

Hello Upwork Community,

I was hired by a client on the per hour contract. However, I failed to manually add all completed jobs into the Work Diary. However, in my chat with the client, I have attached all the files. On my Work Diary, it shows that I have only worked for 0.55 hours but I have worked for more than 20hours in the last three weeks that the contract started. What should I do, please? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I was hired by a client on the per hour contract. However, I failed to manually add all completed jobs into the Work Diary... What should I do, please?"

Well, the first thing to do is to learn from your mistakes, and make sure you do not repeat those same mistakes again in the future.

Now you know that you are supposed to track your time with the Upwork desktop time-tracker program, right?

And you also know that if you have an actual, extremely good reason for NOT using the time-tracker program, then maybe it will be okay to log time manually - if your client allows it and if you completely trust the client. And you know that if you do log time manually, you do so IMMEDIATELY after any work session. You don't wait until the end of the week. Or the next day. Or until that evening. Right?

So now the problem is about THIS CURRENT contract...

You should send a message to your client:

"Daniel:

As a very new Upwork freelancer, I made a mistake and I'm sorry about this. I should have logged my time properly over the past 3 weeks, but I didn't. I kept track of the time on paper, and the total is 20 hours. May I add that time as manually-logged time to this week's work diary, so that I will be paid for that work?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I was hired by a client on the per hour contract. However, I failed to manually add all completed jobs into the Work Diary... What should I do, please?"

Well, the first thing to do is to learn from your mistakes, and make sure you do not repeat those same mistakes again in the future.

Now you know that you are supposed to track your time with the Upwork desktop time-tracker program, right?

And you also know that if you have an actual, extremely good reason for NOT using the time-tracker program, then maybe it will be okay to log time manually - if your client allows it and if you completely trust the client. And you know that if you do log time manually, you do so IMMEDIATELY after any work session. You don't wait until the end of the week. Or the next day. Or until that evening. Right?

So now the problem is about THIS CURRENT contract...

You should send a message to your client:

"Daniel:

As a very new Upwork freelancer, I made a mistake and I'm sorry about this. I should have logged my time properly over the past 3 weeks, but I didn't. I kept track of the time on paper, and the total is 20 hours. May I add that time as manually-logged time to this week's work diary, so that I will be paid for that work?"

Thanks a lot, @Preston. I will communicate that to the client and update the feedback.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members