🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Many submitted proposals are still open! ...
Page options
ali_syedn
Community Member

Many submitted proposals are still open! Why clients are not hiring?

Hi everyone!

I'm seeing most of the clients who post jobs but they do not hire anyone, ultimately Upwork has to close their job posts but still, we cannot get back our connect credits. I have submitted 20 proposals as of yet, which are still open; in other words, I have utilized 40 out of 60 connects.

For what? They're not conducting any interviews and are not giving any response either.

I humbly request to Upwork please return back the connects after a specific period or devise any other workable plan.

Thank you and best,

Syed Ali **Edited for community guidelines**

9 REPLIES 9
anna_babicheva
Community Member

Actually, that is my question as well. I got a few clients, but the rest is just keeping the jobs open and not closing the proposals from their side. So how do we ever get our connects back? How do we ask clients to close the job if not interested? 
Do I need to write it in the inquiry text?

@UpWork, how can we solve that?

You don't and you have no way of contacting the client unless you are in the interview stage with them. Upwork is not going to close the job and refund your connects. The way the new connect system works is that the client has to close the job in order for you to get the connects back. Expect a very large percentage of clients to not close the job and not select a freelancer. That is the ecosystem in which we all play. 

I have been trying to be positive about this new connect system, waiting for client's response and buying connects as well as paying for Freelancer Plus but after 2 months of time I must say this new connects system really sucks. 

First of all, 80% of Job posts require 6 connects regardless of client quality. I was in impression that 6 connects job posts are potential and client would really looking for someone but they are just wasting  connects and just posts and go away.

Another thing I noticed is that suddenly number of Upwork Plus clients have been increased but those new client ids neither hiring at good rates and not even hiring sometimes. 

Upwork has to do something about it. If you can't do anything about client quality and then you should do something about this connect system. In simple words your connects algorith is the worst implementation and worst thing about your R&D team  I have seen in years. 

Rameez R wrote:

First of all, 80% of Job posts require 6 connects regardless of client quality. I was in impression that 6 connects job posts are potential and client would really looking for someone but they are just wasting  connects and just posts and go away.

The connects system doesnt have anything to do with client quality - it is purely on supposed job value.

Another thing I noticed is that suddenly number of Upwork Plus clients have been increased but those new client ids neither hiring at good rates and not even hiring sometimes. 

Upwork has to do something about it. If you can't do anything about client quality and then you should do something about this connect system. In simple words your connects algorith is the worst implementation and worst thing about your R&D team  I have seen in years. 

Upwork ARE doing something about it. They have introduced this connect system to reduce the amount of freelancers which, in turn should eventually result in better clients. Whilst freelancers fight over $5 or $10 jobs Upwork will continue being an attractive option for low quality clients and nothing will change. If the people fighting for these jobs now have to pay to do, they will be less inclined and many will either change platform or up thier game! Both of which will start to attract the better clients. But it will take time.

The connects system doesnt have anything to do with client quality - it is purely on supposed job value.
LOL 

Yes, making platform completely paid may help the Upwork but don't mislead us with connect algorithm. 

I agree with you!!

they try to make money with unfair tactics.
sapientico
Community Member

I have the same issue. They seem fake jobs. Upwork should close them after max two weeks

Yea I feel like these jobs are fake too. Upwork is making a lot of money with this system. For new freelancers it's very difficult to continu buying connects when most of them are wasted because clients post jobs and almost never hire. More than 90% of all my proposals have not received a reply for weeks now. I'm new in here but what do the client lose when upwork closes them.
Do they just post again 'fake' job offers easily, make us waste our connects for upwork to close them after without refunding anything?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members