Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Market Hourly Rate for Book-keeping Services

iqbal76
Iqbal A Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
1 of 6

Dear fellow freelancers

I am an expert Accounting professional with a rich career of 20 years. However, I have just started my freelance career and I am not aware about the market trends. Which are the leading software I should invest my time and money in training? More important, what is the hourly rate the market is paying for book-keeping services? What should be the minimum rate I should charge?

Thanks,

Iqbal Ali

debjanimitra
Debjani M Member Since: May 14, 2015
2 of 6

Dear Iqbal,

From one fellow accountant to another-

1. Xero and Quickbooks Online are both free to learn and get certified in

2. Your profile looks a bit empty. Try to fill it up with specific skills, including MS Excel, Word, whatever else you already know.

3. You have already worked at your displayed rates and earned excellent reviews. For starters, this is great.

4. There is no specific market rate, the rates charged even by experienced Upworkers vary based on total scope of work, complexity etc. If you wil be doing basic bank entries and reco, the rates would be between $ 6-8 an hour, whereas if you are creating excel finance models or setting up a new clients books in its entirety, the rates would be like $ 10-12 per hour. There is nothing fixed, it depends on work scope and your own negotiation skills. Plus, your skill level in the software of the client. 

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Debjani

iqbal76
Iqbal A Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
3 of 6

Thank you Debjani for your valuable information.

rishirishav2016
Rishav G Member Since: Aug 6, 2016
4 of 6

Hello Debjani 

I have started freelancing career some 4 moths ago. I have done acadmeic projects as well some virtual assitant and data entry proposals. I am an  MBA in finance and accounts. So want to be a bookkeeper also. I have heard of Quickbooks and Xero. There is India related webiste and International website of Quickbook. Where do i register and learn? If i learn these softwares, i can work for clients ..rite

Kindly guide

Thanks 

algorithm-cpa
Francis M Member Since: Jan 15, 2019
5 of 6

Hi Debjani,

Am new to UW and really committed to have a fast start in freelancing. Am an accountant, I understand I need to submit several bids before I land my first contract, in the meantime am open to working for an agency - what is your advise on this? where can I find an Agency that is open to hiring me?

Regards

Francis

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 6

re: "in the meantime am open to working for an agency - what is your advise on this? where can I find an Agency that is open to hiring me?"

No, that's not how this works.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS