🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Materials
Page options
7bff0485
Community Member

Materials

My projects require physical material to be worked with, sometimes that is custom or specialized that the client has possession of, is it acceptable for the client to ship that material to me to begin the project, and once I've completed the project I ship the finished product back to them. 

Is all of this acceptable? Thank you 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Hi Cynthia,

It is my understanding that once you have a contract in place on Upwork, you can have those materials shipped to you; you complete the project; and you can ship them back to the client.

Exchanging contact information to facilitate and complete a project is fine, but only after you have a contract in place. All payments must occur via Upwork. You cannot accept a payment outside the platform.

Here is another account with a similar question: Sending Physical Products

You could always create a Support Ticket and ask, if you're more comfortable doing that. Just go here and click the green Get Support button at the bottom of the screen.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

Hi Cynthia,

It is my understanding that once you have a contract in place on Upwork, you can have those materials shipped to you; you complete the project; and you can ship them back to the client.

Exchanging contact information to facilitate and complete a project is fine, but only after you have a contract in place. All payments must occur via Upwork. You cannot accept a payment outside the platform.

Here is another account with a similar question: Sending Physical Products

You could always create a Support Ticket and ask, if you're more comfortable doing that. Just go here and click the green Get Support button at the bottom of the screen.

7bff0485
Community Member

Thank you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members