🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: May I add local bank from other country?
Page options
nhatduy94
Community Member

May I add local bank from other country?

I am Vietnamese, but I am based in Singapore. When I go to add payment method, it shows me local bank is Singapore banks, I cannot add my Vietnam bank account. May I add my Vietnam bank account?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Duy,

Unfortunately no, your profile location needs to reflect your current location. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Duy, 

I can see that you have added your bank account just today, 27-March. New payment methods have a three day security period before you can use them to withdraw your earnings. If there are no issues with your payment method, you should be able to use it starting 30-March. 

~ Avery
Upwork
nhatduy94
Community Member

Thank you for your reply, but I want to add one more payment method. My Vietnam bank account. How can I do that? Many thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Duy, 

I apologize if I didn't answer your question. Unfortunately, you will only be able to add bank accounts that match your account location for the Direct to Local Bank payment method.

~ Avery
Upwork
nhatduy94
Community Member

So, can I do like this? I switch my location to Vietnam, then I set my Vietnam bank account. After that, I switch location back to Singapore.

Is it ok?

Hi Duy,

Unfortunately no, your profile location needs to reflect your current location. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I don't yet have a bank account in my new country and this will take time. Can I still use my Philippines bank account for my fund transfer even if I'm located in another country until I receive my Romanian one? Thank you

Hi Myra,

For the Direct To Local Bank payment method, please note that you will only be able to add a bank account that matches your account location. Feel free to check out this page to see the list of all available options for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths