🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: May I add my Agency Account for "Get Paid...
Page options
9b1b65be
Community Member

May I add my Agency Account for "Get Paid" and "Billing Methods"?

Hello, Sir.
How are you?
I am on initial stage of Upwork now.
One of my curious questions is just the above topic.

All developers in my agency (included me), will add my agency account for "Get Paid" and "Billing Methods". They all will use the "Get paid" and "Billing Methods" with agency account.

Is it available on Upwork? Or not?

If available, should i use my agency tax information for "Tax Information"?

I am waiting for your good reply. Thank you so much. From Wang. 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Wang Y wrote:

All developers in my agency (included me), will add my agency account for "Get Paid" and "Billing Methods". They all will use the "Get paid" and "Billing Methods" with agency account.

Your agency members can't use your withdrawal method unless they are named account owners, but agency members do not get paid via Upwork!

The agency gets paid for all work the agency members do through the agency and the agency pays them outside of Upwork.

If they are non-exclusive and take on work that isn't through the agency, they need to use their own accounts to withdraw their funds through.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AndreaG

Hi Wang,

I'm not sure what you mean, I checked your account but don't see an Agency profile. If you're referring to company payment methods, other freelancers might be able to use them depending on which payment method it is. For adding as a Billing Method, you can use another person's credit card as long as they have authorized you to do so. However, in order to use PayPal as a billing method, it needs to be a verified PayPal account.

The same applies to PayPal and Payoneer for getting paid, and in the case of bank accounts, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
9b1b65be
Community Member

Hi, Andrea.

Thank you for your reply.

Let me explain about it again because you didn't understand my question. 🙂
As you can see the linked screenshot, i am a member in one agency.

Screenshot 2021-04-28 065600.png

i am about to use our company business account for "Get paid" and "Billing Method".
I wanna know if it is possible or not. I hope you will give me a perfect answer for it.

Thank you so much. From Wang. 🙂

Hi Wang,

The information that Andrea shared about adding a payment method on file is correct. You can connect your business bank account to your Agency account. You can use any bank account that's in your name or is a joint account that has your name on it as a withdrawal method. As long as it matches the name on your profile (your name), you should be okay. If there is any mismatch between your business bank account name and your Upwork account name, our team will reach out to you and you will be asked to provide documents that will prove that you are the owner of the bank account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
9b1b65be
Community Member

Hello, Joanne. Thank you for your reply. Here is one question about your reply. So, what you say means i can use my agency accounts(Bank, Paypal, Payoneer). Is it right?
Please let me know the final result. Thank you so much.
From Wang.

petra_r
Community Member

Wang Y wrote:

Your agency members can't use your withdrawal method unless they are named account owners, but agency members do not get paid via Upwork!

The agency gets paid for all work the agency members do through the agency and the agency pays them outside of Upwork.

If they are non-exclusive and take on work that isn't through the agency, they need to use their own accounts to withdraw their funds through.

9b1b65be
Community Member

Oh,, Thank you so much. I will use my own payment methods.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths