🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » May I be blocked for Email address sending to...
Page options
lilitlyolik
Community Member

May I be blocked for Email address sending to client?

Client ask me to send email address. We still havn't contract. May I be blocked for this?

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Lilit P wrote:

Client ask me to send email address. We still havn't contract. May I be blocked for this?

No. The new rules don't come into force until the 26th

prestonhunter
Community Member

Lilit:
Upwork has posted some very clear details about sharing email addresses with prospective clients prior to being hired.

According to Upwork, there ARE times when it is permissible to share your email address with a potential client. There are many notes about this topic here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Frequently-Asked-Questions-on-TOS-changes-regarding-in...

...including these comments:

"We know at times it is necessary for a freelancer or client to provide an email address so the other party can gain access to critical systems (for example, an ad analytics account, code repository, etc.). This access allows a freelancer to review a project prior to a contract so they can determine if they have the needed skills, how many hours it will take, etc...

"Users may share email addresses for the sole purpose of providing access to a system that contains information about the project."

I am only quoting PORTIONS of Upwork's comments about the new policy. For a complete understanding of the policy, you should follow the link and read other pertinent information about the upcoming policy change.

Thanks a lot ! 🙂

Preston H wrote:

Lilit:
Upwork has posted some very clear details about sharing email addresses with prospective clients prior to being hired.

Your idea of "clear" differs from mine. At any rate, as of today, none of that matters because the new rules do not come into force until the 26th.

As the real rules are still being changed on a daily basis, nothing is final until the 26th when it will be in the terms of service. At the moment it sounds like it will ultimately be some kind of "Everything is forbidden, except when you do it with good intent and promise to only use it for good purposes and do so with a pure heart."

Hi Petra. Thank you very much. 

I understand all. Sure ,Idon't want be blocked, I don't want be payed out of UpWork. 

But this is second time, I lost client ,just for this rules ... 😕 So. hope new rules will be better. 

I afraid be blocked , then I ask to client send me files via UPWork , then they not write me any more... This little bit sad ))) Thank you again. 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths