🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » May I create multiple Upwork account with sam...
Page options
fortuner6023
Community Member

May I create multiple Upwork account with same laptop or IP

Dear Upwork Team, I have a question for you, I want to increase my dev team for my startup career as a full-time freelancer, but currently, many of our team members don't have an individual laptop or PC, Can I create those members account from my laptop, that I made my Upwork account, Please help me regards this asap

Thanks - Naveen Saini

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Naveen,

I'd like to confirm that Jennifer is right. You cannot create an account for another freelancer. You can use the same laptop and IP address, but you must log in to your individual accounts and not share it with other freelancers. It is a violation of Upwork TOS to create an account for someone else and to share your account with another user. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lysis10
Community Member

Naveen N wrote:

Dear Upwork Team, I have a question for you, I want to increase my dev team for my startup career as a full-time freelancer, but currently, many of our team members don't have an individual laptop or PC, Can I create those members account from my laptop, that I made my Upwork account, Please help me regards this asap

Thanks - Naveen Saini

How are you hiring a bunch of developers who don't even have their own PC? You gonna let all 45 people use your computer? How does that work when they need to work?

Hey Jennifer, thanks for the reply, I forgot to tell you, the developer doing a job in another company and I want to hire him for part-time work if everything goes good as we expected they also start a career as a freelancer, Buying a laptop or PC not a big thing for him, but they want to be sure that his account is created with Upwork first before buying the PC, after that all developer work on own personal pc / laptop. My job is only to create his account before working the dev team, thanks

Naveen N wrote:

Hey Jennifer, thanks for the reply, I forgot to tell you, the developer doing a job in another company and I want to hire him for part-time work if everything goes good as we expected they also start a career as a freelancer, Buying a laptop or PC not a big thing for him, but they want to be sure that his account is created with Upwork first before buying the PC, after that all developer work on own personal pc / laptop. My job is only to create his account before working the dev team, thanks

No, you can't create his account. He needs to create his account. It's free to create an account so it doesn't make sense that he wants you to create it and then he buys a laptop. Let him create his account if he wants to work for you.

Hi Naveen,

I'd like to confirm that Jennifer is right. You cannot create an account for another freelancer. You can use the same laptop and IP address, but you must log in to your individual accounts and not share it with other freelancers. It is a violation of Upwork TOS to create an account for someone else and to share your account with another user. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey there, thank you too, I always respect Upwork term and conditions in every situation, My main concern is only to ask you this query that can he make his own account with my laptop and I think I got the answer from you, Upwork platform provides me the opportunity to earn some money during this corona pandemic, I don't even think about to violating the Upwork terms, that's why I asked every small query and single doubt that have come in my mind before implement in the real world. thanks for your support Joanne and Jennifer

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members