🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Maybe a Scam, I need help
Page options
c8fbe71d
Community Member

Maybe a Scam, I need help

The company asks me to pay for transactions refund first worth $200 then they will pay my salary. How can I report these people. I have finished working their projects too.They will not pay me no if I will not pay the $200 first

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cyber_sec007
Community Member

don't ever pay for the opportunity to work. It's a scam. Real clients paying you, not you paying them! 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

It's a scam.

Thank you, it's sad that I pay already for the company Id. I have no idea🥲

You broke Upwork's terms of service by contacting a client off of Upwork and by agreeing to work without an official Upwork contract. If you stop doing that, you won't fall for this kind of a scam again, and you won't risk having your account suspended. Spend several hours reading everything about how to use Upwork and don't just plunge in and bid on more jobs until you understand how everything works. Start here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Thank you so much. I will be careful next time. Now they keep contacting me to pay for the $200 dollars

Block them.

cyber_sec007
Community Member

don't ever pay for the opportunity to work. It's a scam. Real clients paying you, not you paying them! 

Thank you, it's sad that I pay already for the company Id. I have no idea🥲

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members