Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Means you are ending feedback

muhmasood
Community Guru
Mr M Member Since: Apr 27, 2013
1 of 14

Starting September 15th, 5-star average feedback will no longer be displayed on freelancer profiles.

Upwork is ending feedback system  because JS score tells something different than feedback.
One is true and one is depending of PrVT feedbacks. Smiley Tongue

What do you guys think???

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
iftikhar-ishaq
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
2 of 14

Starting September 15th, 5-star average feedback will no longer be displayed on freelancer profiles.

How about 3 start feedback will it show on our profiles?

muhmasood
Community Guru
Mr M Member Since: Apr 27, 2013
3 of 14

1.PNG

This thing is going... I think so 

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
4 of 14

For those who may have missed it, there is an apparently updated blog post related to the notification everyone is getting about this.

Blog post is here: https://www.upwork.com/blog/2015/08/job-success-score-update/

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 14

Was this posted somewhere? I actually like this. I still maintain that JSS doesn't mean much as long as it's not anything crazy bad like 50%. I think customers are more about your proposal, do you "get it" and how much history you have on the site. 

You get that one lousy customer, and you get a 1 star at the top with 100 great feedback ratings underneath. That 1 star just stares the customer in the face until you drown it out. Having an 85% rating vs a 90% I doubt is a deciding factor.

pandoraharper
Community Guru
6 of 14

@Jennifer

Yes, it was in a forum post:  Announcements -  URL: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Replacing-5-Star-Average-Feedback-with-Job-Success-Sco...

Also, earlier today while looking at the My Job Feed page, I noticed a banner strip the entire width of the page, at the top, with a "it's pending" type notification.

Also, I should have said this in my previous post: They are not ENDING feedback per se. They are simply removing the star icons that are currently in use as a status notifier. In addition, everything I've read to date says the "stars" are going to remain on the individal job history areas of our profiles.  So clearly these "ratings" will not go away either.  Just not going to show on the main part of our profiles.

So there you have it. My take: I could care less. Another stupid cosmetic update.

iftikhar-ishaq
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
7 of 14

How about the clients comments?Will it be shown to the clients without star rating or just our overall rating will be removed nothing else?

pandoraharper
Community Guru
8 of 14

@Iftikhar I wrote:

How about the clients comments?Will it be shown to the clients without star rating or just our overall rating will be removed nothing else?

Commments and stars will still show up in job history, from what I have read so far. The stars are simply being removed from our main Profile page.

In other words, if you or someone else were to click a specifc job in your Job History, the pop up will display both written feedback from the client (if there is any) as well as the "star" rating the client gave you, including the star icons themselves.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 14

Hi Iftikhar, Pandora and others,

Star rating will still be displayed for each contract in your Work History and Feedback. We are removing the average 5-star rating that is currently displayed in the upper-right corner.

~ Valeria
Upwork
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 14

Thanks, Pandora. Well, that kills my excitement. lol  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS