cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media files downloaded on phone via upwork app

tusharkap99
Tushar K Member Since: Sep 9, 2017
1 of 21
Where are the downloaded media files from upwork mobile app stored ?
I use an android phone. I cannot see my files in downloads. Please suggest.
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 21

Hi Tushar,

Unfortunately, we don't have an option for selecting where the files to be sent once you`ve downloaded them. Usually, they are sent to the download folder but this will depend on the device/manufacturer. Once the download is completed you should have a notification at the top that you could tap on and get directed to the location of the files. Thank you.

Untitled
tusharkap99
3 of 21

Hey Goran, Thanks for the reply. 

But, once downloaded, the file is visible. What if I want to view the file again after sometime ?

I had sent my client .mp4 file (78MB). I downloaded the file once. But when I wanted to view the file again, I coul'nt find the file. I had to download the file again :/

Now my phone memory has 156MB of data that I cannot access. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 21

Hi Tushar,

As Goran noted, that may be different on different devices and individual settings. Typically, there is an option to search My Files or Downloads folder on Android devices. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
tusharkap99
5 of 21

Okay, Thanks!

xsnipex
Chris Q Member Since: Sep 19, 2020
6 of 21
Even after I search for it by name i still can't find the file and I have to keep re-downloading it again and again it taking up space on my phone and I can't even find it to delete it, you guys have to find a way to fix that issue, some of as have limited data to be downloading it over and over
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 21

Chris, this is not an Upwork question.

Upwork can not do anything about this.

This is a question that you need to address with your device manufacturer.

0d5b92f2
Russell S Member Since: Nov 9, 2020
8 of 21

Old thread: Yes
Completely untrue !! Every other app downloads to the download folder. Upwork however downloads deep into the system folders. Mine are in /data/user/0/com.android.providers.downloads
Upwork **Edited for community guidelines**, do a better job please.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 21

Hi Russell,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
vipulnandan
Ace Contributor
Vipul N Member Since: Sep 15, 2019
10 of 21
Hi Bojan,

This is to confirm that this issue is an Upwork issue not device issue. At least on Android devices.

The way it happens is, clicking on any file from messages donwloads the file. And a small toast notification (from the bottom if the screen) says "open file" and the file opens correctly on clicking. However, the file does not get saved to the Downloads folder which is the default location to store files for all apps on the device.

To make matter worse, once the notification vanishes, if you want to reopen the file and click on the file, it'll start downloading it from the beginning even if it has been just just a minute since it last downloaded the same file.

Furthermore, it's not only missing from the Downloads folder, it's nowhere on the phone. Doing a system wide search by filename gives nothing.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS