🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Meeting Reminders
Page options
craigclayton
Community Member

Meeting Reminders

We need a meeting reminders button that allows client + freelancer to book a meeting and have Upwork produce an ics entry for peoples calendars. I have lost track of the number of times I forgotten about an Upwork meeting because my agenda has been crowded out by zoom bookings, teams bookings, meeting requests etc.etc.

Time for Upwork to do some serious upgrades.

7 REPLIES 7
a_lipsey
Community Member

Craig C wrote:

We need a meeting reminders button that allows client + freelancer to book a meeting and have Upwork produce an ics entry for peoples calendars. I have lost track of the number of times I forgotten about an Upwork meeting because my agenda has been crowded out by zoom bookings, teams bookings, meeting requests etc.etc.

Time for Upwork to do some serious upgrades.

You're preaching to the choir. We've been complaining about the inability to use Calendly and other calendaring systems so we can coordinate with clients for a while. The least they could do is what you suggest.  Or just get an integration with Calendly or something. 

LuiggiR

Hi Craig,

I typically schedule my meetings directly from Gmail as I'm sure I'll get my reminders whenever one is due (I have the "bad" habit of constantly checking my emails). But I can see how this may not work for everyone, and it'll relatively easy to have one scheduled directly from the message room through Upwork. I'll make sure to pass this feedback along for consideration.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

Luiggi R wrote:

Hi Craig,

I typically schedule my meetings directly from Gmail as I'm sure I'll get my reminders whenever one is due (I have the "bad" habit of constantly checking my emails). But I can see how this may not work for everyone, and it'll relatively easy to have one scheduled directly from the message room through Upwork. I'll make sure to pass this feedback along for consideration.

Thank you!

Luiggi, we aren't allowed to use Gmail with clients until after a contract is in place!   Do you even understand the problem? We can't schedule initial consultations/interviews with prospective clients.  That is the problem.  

Hi Amanda,

My example was under the understanding that there is a contract already in place and I can understand the benefits of what Craig suggested here, to schedule meetings with potential clients. Thanks for the clarification and sorry if my comment was confusing. I've already shared the feedback with the team for consideration.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

Luiggi R wrote:

Hi Amanda,

My example was under the understanding that there is a contract already in place and I can understand the benefits of what Craig suggested here, to schedule meetings with potential clients. Thanks for the clarification and sorry if my comment was confusing. I've already shared the feedback with the team for consideration.

Thanks, Luiggi. 

tlbp
Community Member

Luiggi R wrote:

Hi Craig,

Thank you!

We aren't allowed to disclose contact information. So, when a client wants to interview us, they have to use the message room. Most clients I have encountered want to use their calendaring system so that THEY don't forget the meetings. But we can't because of the ridiculous no contact information rule. It is very anti-efficiency and makes us look like amateurs. 

7cfa9057
Community Member

Totally agree with the above posts. The lack of scheduling meetings is a real step back for the professionalism of Upwork. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members