cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership Billing - Payment Declined

Arul D Member Since: Aug 22, 2017
1 of 6

Hi,  I want to upgrade my membership billing from Basic  to Plus . I am trying to upgrade but its giving payment error "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." Please guide me.  Thanks Arul

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2 of 6

Hi Arul,

Upwork accepts the following billing methods:

Credit or Debit Card

• Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
  • Credit, debit, and Payoneer cards are all acceptable, as long as they have a sufficient available balance.

PayPal

• A Verified, active PayPal account in good standing. PayPal student accounts are not eligible. The PayPal verification process varies somewhat from country to country. Learn more.
  • Because PayPal as a billing method isn't available to all freelancers, the option to use PayPal will only appear in the Add Method form if it is available to you.

You can check out this help article for more information. Let us know if you need further assistance, we're here to help. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Vijayalaxmi K Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
3 of 6

Hi,

I want to upgrade to Membership Plus. Can't the amount be deducted from the money I earn at Upwork? 

Thanks!

Vijayalaxmi

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 6

Hi Vijayalaxmi,

If you have sufficient available balance, we will charge your account balance for the membership fee. Upwork accepts the following billing methods for paying memberships: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express. We also accept PayPal as billing methods for membership. To learn more about this, please read this and this help articles.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Vijayalaxmi K Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
5 of 6
Hi,

I have sufficient balance and I have added Paypal. But I still can't update
my membership status

If there an issue here?

Kind regards,
Vijayalaxmi
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 6

Hi Vijayalaxmi,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS