cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Membership Billing - Payment Declined

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
11 of 21

Hi Md,

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. To learn more about our accepted billing methods and how to set up one check out this Help Article. Thank you.

Untitled
Md Masrur Rahman S Member Since: Aug 18, 2019
12 of 21

Hi Goran,

I am from Bangladesh, Can you please suggest me some payment option or Bank cards from Bangladesh those I can try which will work at Upwork website to buy connect or activate the membership plus plan. I am asking you this again because if I take a credit card from a bank and the card doesn't work at Upwork website then this will be a loss for me.

Thanks

Md

13 of 21

Hi Md,

Unfortunately I can't advise you about this, feel free to open an account with the bank that best fits your needs. You will need to make sure that your card/account is enabled for international charges.

I hope that other freelancers from your location will see your post and advise you about some of the banks/options they are using. Thank you.

Untitled
14 of 21
I am trying to get a debit card from Bank and It'll take some time. Will debit card from Bangladeshi bank work on Upwork to buy connects/plus membership ? In the meanwhile can I use my friend's card to buy connects/plus membership because right now I have only 0 connects.

Thanks
Md Masrur Rahman Sakib
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
15 of 21

Hi MD, 

When you add a billing method to your account, the available billing methods to you will show on the screen. Billing methods vary, depending on the user's location, in this case, you may want to check which options are available to you. 

We definitely recommend that you use your own debit/credit card when setting up a billing method so that you don't go through any issues with your account. However, as long as you are able to complete the verification for the billing method, the transaction is authorized by the card owner, and you have all info needed to add in the account, this should be okay.

-Avery
Untitled
16 of 21
I am trying to get a debit card from Bank and It'll take some time.

Will debit card from Bangladeshi bank work on Upwork to buy connects/plus membership ?

In the meanwhile can I use my friend's card to buy connects/plus membership because right now I have 0 connects?
Muhammad A Member Since: Sep 10, 2019
17 of 21

I am trying with Master Card and I am not able to upgrade my account. Need help.

18 of 21

Hi Muhammad,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with upgrading your membership plan. Thank you.

Untitled
Dharmendra G Member Since: Dec 16, 2019
19 of 21

same issue

paypal and Master card both use but not update plz help

20 of 21

Hi Dharmendra,

Our team will reach out to you as well as soon as possible and assist you further with your membership plans. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS