🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Membership Buy
Page options
umaiamoon
Community Member

Membership Buy

Can I buy Upwork Membership using direct connection earning?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Umaia,

You cannot use the earnings from your direct contracts to purchase Connects. To purchase Connects, you will need to add a billing method. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
NikolaS

Hi Umaia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Do you wish to buy Connects using the funds you earned on your contracts? If so I would like to confirm that you can use your Upwork Balance to purchase Connects. Once funds become available in your account balance, you'll be able to use them for purchasing connects. Meanwhile, you can check the billing options available to you and learn more about the acceptable billing methods for paying memberships. Let us know if you have further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Nikola S,

Thanks for your reply. I have 2 questions.

(1) Are dollars earned from "Direct Contracts" added to the Upwork main balance?

(2) Is it possible to purchase additional Connects or Membership if it's added?

Hi Umaia,

You cannot use the earnings from your direct contracts to purchase Connects. To purchase Connects, you will need to add a billing method. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I wanna purchase freelancer membership plan. And don't have any mastercard or Visa or Paypal. I wanna use my upwork earning for this purpose. But here is no such option for this. How can I purchase membership from my upwork earning?

Hi Muhammad,

Yes, you can use your earnings to upgrade your membership. To do so, go to the Settings > Membership & Connects page, click on the 'View or Edit Membership Plan' button and follow the steps. If you have a sufficient balance available from Upwork earnings, we will use that to pay for your membership. If your balance isn't sufficient, we'll charge your chosen billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for your concern. But there is only options for card and paypal. I
tried many time

Hi Muhammad,

When you click on the green 'Upgrade to Plus' button, you'll be taken to the page that looks like this. Click on the 'Activate Freelancer Plus' button and the system will charge from your available balance. If that doesn't work for you, please share a screenshot so that we can take a look.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Alexandar 

i have the same problem, my balance is sufficient and i can't use it to pay for a Freelancer Plus plan.

Hi Abdullatif,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Can this be a reason for not showing up the button. I don't think so.

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please clarify which button you're referring to? Please know that there is no button to choose to pay with your Upwork balance, this should happen automatically if there are sufficient funds in your account. If you're still experiencing this issue please share a screenshot of the error you're seeing with us so we could check and assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea 

I tried clearing the cache and I log in with a different browser, but I still have the same problem.

Hi Abdullatif,

Thanks for confirming! I've escalated your issue and someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

I also have same problem

Hi Muhammad,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, I also have the same problem. I want to switch my membership plan from Basic to Plus with my Upwork balance.

My Upwork balance:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R9gnoDRoFjyMDZwiuiTYKbNLikImO9GQ/view?usp=sharing

The page is shown after clicking the green "Activate Freelancer Plus" button:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B6ukDaeC0eEjsECpHRMlnfvn_tz0SM8x/view?usp=sharing

Hi Murad,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Could you please help me buying upwork plus membership using my upwork balance.

Hi Bella,

If you are moving from our free Basic plan to a Plus plan, you'll pay for the first month with your billing method (any existing balance on your Upwork account can't be used in this case). If you have a sufficient balance available when your plan renews each month, you are able to use it to pay for the monthly membership fee. If your balance isn't sufficient, we'll charge your chosen billing method.

Learn more about Membership Billing here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Andrea, I think I have purchased freelancer plus membership in the past many times. Could you please check this for me.

Hi Bella,

I understand you've had the Freelancer Plus Membership in the past. However, since you currently have Freelancer Basic and are upgrading to Plus, the same applies. When upgrading, the billing method is charged and it's not possible to use the balance. That said, consecutive Membership charges once you're already on the Plus Membership can be paid from your balance.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths