correa_susan

Membership & Connect

Hello, Upwork family. 

I exhausted my connect before another billing cycle is attained. I, once, heard about connects purchases & all. How do I go about this? 

Thanks. 

Susan C. 

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r

@Susan C wrote:

Hello, Upwork family. 

I exhausted my connect before another billing cycle is attained. I, once, heard about connects purchases & all. How do I go about this?  

You'd have to upgrade to the paid Membership and then buy Connects.

Go to Membership and Connects.

tinker_bell3

Hi Susan,

Please go to Memberships and Connects on your Settings page and choose your membership plan. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Susan. As soon as you start a Plus membership (as I did recently) your connect cycle is reset so you immediately start a fresh month. That means you'll immediately receive some connects without any further payment (on top of the monthly subscription). However, you won't get a full month's connects in your first month of Plus membership, because they reckon you shouldn't get more connects for what would have been the remainder of your last month. For example, if you're 20 days through your connects month, you'll receive 40 (20x2) new connects plus the 10 bonus connects for Plus membership. So you'll have just 50 connects to last you the coming month (instead of 70 for a normal month). But you can buy additional connects at $1 each.

My situation was a bit different from yours, as I still had plenty of connects for the current month. But I didn't expect to make many proposals this month, and I wanted to hold over my unused connects to next month so I could have a proposal blitz in the new year. Plus membership lets you do that as well.

EDITED, as I got the numbers wrong the first time. (Sorry.)