🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Membership & Connects
Page options
zashkaruk
Community Member

Membership & Connects

Hello!

I connected my account Plus about 2 weeks ago.
And during this time I submitted a proposal for 23 jobs.
Of these, I was hired 3 times total amount for 100 dollars., and I received 3 feedback on 5 stars.
I still have 30 connections left.

The question is this:
Can I get banned for a bad conversion? Does this happen in 2019? Can I continue to use my connections safely?
I just do not quite understand the rules of the UPWORK in this regard.
If I buy connections, can I use them all? What exactly should be the conversion? etc.

Thanks.
Best regards, Serhii !

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
richard_wein
Community Member

Hi Serhii. Upwork won't reveal the algorithm they use to decide when to boot out a freelancer who makes too many proposals without success. But 3 hires out of 23 proposals is a very good conversion rate on Upwork, so I'm sure you're in no danger.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Serhii,

A freelancer’s account will be suspended if we notice they have submitted proposals for many jobs on our site, but have won very few contracts or had very few earnings. Typically, this means (1) the opportunities on Upwork are not a good match for the freelancer’s skillset, or (2) they are violating our Terms of Service.

To clarify, you can use all your connects. In line with our upcoming update, paid Connects will be in place for all freelancers by the end of June. Because this is a big change, we’re rolling it out over several weeks to help ensure a smooth transition. We have raised the price of the Freelancer Plus plan to reflect the fact that Connects now have a monetary value of $0.15 each. With the Freelancer Plus plan, you will continue to receive 70 Connects (a $10.50 value). Connects expire one year from the date of issue, however, rollover limits will remain the same: 140 for freelancers will rollover per month. You can learn more here

~ Riri

Thank you, Riri.

It would be great if they didn't block accounts with JSS above 90%
Because feedback, portfolios, money are time and labor. 
Or at least have a clue what percentage of successful hiring is good and which is not .. 

Thanks for the help.
Serhii. 

richard_wein
Community Member

Hi Serhii. Upwork won't reveal the algorithm they use to decide when to boot out a freelancer who makes too many proposals without success. But 3 hires out of 23 proposals is a very good conversion rate on Upwork, so I'm sure you're in no danger.

Thanks for the reply, Richard!

It just seemed to me that once the connects were paid, then there would be no bans for using them.
In any case, it will be visible after June.
After all, the more connects you spend, the more money they get.

It would be great if they didn’t block accounts with JSS above 90%
Portfolio, reviews, money - this is all human labor.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths