🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Membership - basic vs premium
Page options
dzadza
Community Member

Membership - basic vs premium

So...

After years of paid membership, I finally decided to go back to basic (free). Main reason for this is obviously lack of work - for me, at least. I'm  "stuck" with more than 200 connects each month. In the past 6  moths I had one project, I closed a bunch of "dead" projects in November, I think  I've applied to around 120 jobs, got only two answers (one of them, of course, wanted some free work done), 4 totally irrelevant  invites, and I have a feeling  paying  even $10 for that  is too much. Not interested in seeing bid range  and I don't see any other benefits of paying for premium...
How many of you are on premium membership -  and do you think premium is a better option than the free one?

1 REPLY 1
carla-millar
Community Member

Personally, I liked the idea of the 'free membership and connects' option. I only joined Upworks to apply for any really interesting looking jobs, and do 95% of my work outside this site. Yesterday I got a notice as follows:

Starting in May, Connects will cost $0.15 each, with no free Connects.

You'll need between 1 and 6 Connects, depending on the job, to submit a proposal.

On average, most freelancers will spend about $5 per month or less on Connects.

I think people will be spending way more than $5 a month on connects, and considering the high amount that Upworks takes from an individual's earnings, it is no longer worth being here. That is my personal opinion. So Sanja, no, I don't think premium is a better option. You need to find clients and make contacts outside this site. I know it's difficult---I have been doing this for just over 15 years.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths