Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memo Popups on hourly Jobs

3ctechnologies
Community Leader
Muhammad U Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
1 of 9

I have just started my first hourly project with a client as i have always worked on fixec sot based projects..I am little confused about the memo pop up that comes while i have the upwork time tracker on..It says, i havent setup the memo..Why would i need it since its already calculating the time?

Can someone help asap please?

astro_writer
Ace Contributor
Sapna D Member Since: Feb 1, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 9

Hi Muhammad, you should definitely write memos for hourly work--otherwise you won't be covered by payment protection. The memo doesnt have to be long, just a few words or a line on what you're doing, and you can leave it up until you change tasks.

Also, you can disable the popup reminders in your settings. Just make sure you do write those memos!

View solution in original post

3ctechnologies
Community Leader
3 of 9

many thanks Sapna..That makes perfect sense.

astro_writer
Ace Contributor
4 of 9

You're welcome! I know it seems redundant, since you're already having screenshots taken, but I find it helps me scan my work diary more easily. It also helps me track my speed on different tasks, so I can give accurate estimates to future clients.

3ctechnologies
Community Leader
5 of 9

yeah, thats right tooSmiley Happy .One more question, if you dont mind.My client has set up the limit as 10hrs / week.Does this mean , i would be paid only for 10 hours within a week even if i work for more hours?

astro_writer
Ace Contributor
6 of 9
Right, and only the 10 hours will be under payment protection. If you need more than that, you can ask the client to pay for the extra hours as a bonus, or you can ask them to raise the limit.
3ctechnologies
Community Leader
7 of 9

Perfect, Thanks againSmiley Happy

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 9

You don’t need to change the memo frequently, but a meaningful memo which clearly describes what you are working on is required for hourly protection (in case there is an issue with the client)

If the pop up irritates you you can disable it, just remember to update the memo when you work on a different part of the task.

3ctechnologies
Community Leader
9 of 9

Thanks for the help Petra.Appreciated!!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS