cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu text is unreadable in LInux client

Sergey Z Member Since: Nov 14, 2017
1 of 28

I can't see text in the app's menu on Ubuntu 17.10 (Xorg), it just shows a bunch of squares instead of letters. It's hard to use the time tracker because of it. Here is a screenshot:

upwork-bug.png

(I don't know if this is the right place for this, the Linux help page said to post in the community forums.)

Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
2 of 28

Looks almost like they're trying to use fonts that don't exist on the system. Try installing msttcorefonts.

sudo apt install msttcorefonts

Then restart and see if that helps. 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3 of 28

Hi Sergey and Michael,

This is solved in our Upwork desktop app version 5.

One of our team members will send an update to you shortly, thank you for reporting.

Untitled
Dilshod M Member Since: Nov 20, 2017
4 of 28

I have a 15" laptop with 4k screen, running Ubuntu 17.04. Everything is scaled perfectly, except the upwork application which doesn't want to scale up. It's very tiny and difficult to read the text.

Please, can you consider HiDPI screens? Thank you in advance.

Dilshod

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 28

Hi Dilshod,

I'll check with the team regarding the issue you are describing and see if we can send you a new update that would resolve it.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Dikesh R Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
6 of 28

I have the same problem, and problem uploading screenshots too.  Can I get the update too?

Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
7 of 28

Hi Dikesh,

A member of our team will reach out shortly to further assist you with the issue you are encountering with your Upwork Desktop Application.

Lanie M
Untitled
Nikolay S Member Since: Nov 6, 2016
8 of 28

I have a problem with fonts in the menu of Upwork app too. Additionally, the application cannot upload screenshots to the server (and does not show it locally). I use Ubuntu 17.10 with Wayland. 

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
9 of 28

Hello Nikolay,

Thank you for reaching out. One of our team representatives will reach out to you shortly.

Untitled
Sebastian B Member Since: Dec 1, 2017
10 of 28

I'm in the same boat, Fedora 26. Not sure if this is better suited for the real FAQ section?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS