mafocsa

Merge your Elance account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I just got this email from upchuck (read upwork) saying, among other nonsense " At that time you will be able to merge your Elance account with your existing Upwork account or close your Upwork account to create a new one." 

SAY WHAT?????? I am still trying to decide which one is more idiotic

• merging my accounts (which is idiotic to the extreme as I have different clients with different rates on each platform and the question will be "why don't we get the same (much lower) rates as on oDesk" (which, to the brainless trust that runs the 2 companies now it means less money for you too). 
  • create a brand new account for upchuck (which means losing all my previous work / feedback / rating for the past 5+ years because "who gives a **bleep** you pathetic slave")
30 REPLIES 30
colettelewis

"At that time you will be able to merge your Elance account with your existing Upwork account or close your Upwork account to create a new one."

Whether we  like it or not - it is going to happen. (I don't want to merge my accounts either)

However, I am interested in the wording of your email. At various times both here and on Elance. Freelancers have been told NOT to cancel their existing accounts on Upwork, because they would not be able to create a new one.

Elance has said repeatedly not to do anything with  dual accounts until invited to merge.

I really do think it is time for both sites to try and get a coherent program together and stop sending out these mixed messages.

Nichola,

The options are to merge or close accounts, these should only be done when you receive an email invite. Users are requested not to close their Upwork account until they receive the invite.  The steps have been pretty consistant. Let me know if you need further clarification.

-Lena 

Untitled
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria,

We will provide two solutions for users who have accounts on both platforms. First one is to close their existing Upwork account and have their entire profile, with work history, copied over. Second one is to merge their Elance and Upwork accounts with work history, feedback and reputation from Elance added to their Upwork account. I hope one of these options will work for you.

Also, I would like to ask you to please be mindful of our Community Guidelines and values.

~ Valeria
Upwork

But I've never got a job on Elance, does this mean my account will stay as it is?

Hi Valeria - When can I expect to receive an invitation to copy or merge my accounts? I've been primarily on Elance and am having trouble getting jobs on Upwork without a reputation but I would like to start working on Upwork and now would be a good time for me to swtich with my current job load.

Thank you!

Hi Salina,

I understand that you are eager to start on Upwork and would like to receive the invitation as soon as possible. It should be coming within the next couple of months.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria one quick question please.

I also got the same email but I never work on elence i dont have any history on elance I am happy with my Upwork account and I dont want to merge my upwork account with elance.Is thre any way I can just have the upwork history not the elance?

Thanks

Just do, what I did today: delete you Elance account.

I set it up but never used it either.

Thanks Ela I was thinking as well to delete it but I would like to confirm from the officials if its the right decision to make.

Hi Iftikhar,

You don't need to merge your Elance reputation to your Upwork account. Especially if your Elance account it nearly empty but Upwork account is great the way it is. You can just ignore the invitations then.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks  Valeria it really helps when ever I got the invitation I will ignore it.

Thanks once again.

Greetings,

Could anybody help me? I did merge my Elance account to my existing Upwork account. But, how can I merge it again? because I obtained new Elance's feedbacks which I need them in my Upwork feedback.

Please,  I will be pleased to receive an objective answer. It is very importat to my freelance career.

Thank's

Greetings,

Could anybody help me? I did merge my Elance account to my existing Upwork account. But, how can I merge it again? because I obtained new Elance's feedbacks which I need them in my Upwork feedback profile.

Please,  I will be pleased to receive an objective answer. It is very important to my freelance career.

Thank's

a little melodramatic, but hey whatever floats your boat.

It will autosync, so you don't need to do anything.

I read everywhere that the new Elance jobs would be transferred "daily" to our UW profiles, but that has not happened. I've had to request twice to get a couple jobs transferred over, but nothing has been updated yet. 😕  

Oops looks like something stalled recently.  My payment from a few days ago is there from an Elance job. But a new job created on Friday isn't there. 

I don't think so. I have been waiting for this "autosync" and doesn't happen anything. That's why I had to write here (in a melodramatic context), I don't want to lose my latest feedbacks.

However, I'll be waiting for actualization.

Thank's for answering. 

Hi Rodmyl.

Has the job been completed on Elance?

~ Valeria
Upwork
harvoolio

I merged accounts but the feedback is wrong.  In eLance, I have had 4 projects and have given a 5 rating 3 times and a 4.6 rating once. Upwork now shows feedback not given at all twice and a 3 twice. It is easy to go on Elance and see the ratings I have given.  Obviously this hurts both the freelancer here and me as freelancers would be less likely to work with me.

Hi Michael,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I would suggest waiting a bit and letting the system update. The complete information should show then. If the issue persists, please contact Customer Support.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

I have a similar issue - reported the problem to CS (twice) and their first advice was to wait for 24 hours. I've contacted them again after more than 48 hours, and they told me to wait 48 hours. So, it's been 6 days since my profile merge, my repeat client rate is still at 0% and all I got from CS is "wait"

bwegscheider

This may be a dumb question, but since I have a dummy Elance account that I set up once and never used... I never needed to use it, because I had plenty of work through oDesk for years. Should I try to get active on Elance now and find some jobs there, since I'm practically out of work on Upwork? I read a while back that they were merging, and so I never bothered to really do much with Elance. Now that I'm in the forums more often, I see people saying they're getting more work and more money through Elance. I feel pretty stupid now for not doing anything with it. Thought the merge had already taken place. I'm really confused. Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance.

Beth, of course you could - but actually Elance IS about to close down, from next month on no more new clients registrations, they will all be sent here, and after September no more new jobs even from old clients. So I am not sure if it would be worth your time - if due to lack of work here you need to search for other options, maybe you would better invest your time elsewhere.

Very helpful--thank you! I am spending a lot of time here in the forums lately, but there's SO much going on here... Even keyword searches turn up so many threads, I can't possibly read them all. I appreciate your timely answer. And I agree with your final analysis!

"Should I try to get active on Elance now and find some jobs there"

Definitely. Any work you do manage to get will be paid more quickly and charged lower fees. Then you can bring clients you met on Elance to Upwork, but stay with the 8.75% fee level instead of 10%. Bear in mind that Upwork have been sending out studies asking freelancers what they think of increasing the fees to 18%, so having 8.75% locked in might be quite nice in future.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
stencil_media

I have taken part in the merging ceremony and have been assimilated into the Upwork collective hive mind. My biological and technological distinctiveness has been added to their own. From this time forward, I exist to service Upwork.  

Everything seemed to transfer over without any trouble. And they gave me a top rated badge, so that was nice. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

Well they just let any person into the club, eh?

assimilated.jpg

**bleep** straight! What was it Winston once said... 'I don't want to be a part of any club that would have me as a member'. Or something like that. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

Wine+food+napping = Top Rated

This is pleasing to me.

THAT'S what I've been doing wrong! I was napping first!
Thanks for the tip, Jen!