Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Center - Won't Load / Notifications - Not Working In Any Way

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
1 of 17

Problems:

1. Currently, at 2:16 pm MST the Message Center is stuck with the "load progress circle". Not my browser, not my problem.

2. Notifications of ANY type: nada, zero, zip.

About an hour AFTER a prospective client sent me a message, I noticed an update on my My Job Feed Page: "1 active candidacy".  Wondering what this was, because NO other alerts had occured, I clicked the link and saw a message from a client whose job I bid on yesterday afternoon.  This was on the proposal page. She sent the email at 12:08 my time, and I noticed it at 1:22, there abouts.

Meanwhile, I did not get an email about this. The Notifications icon did't show this. An hour after this I went directly to the Message Center,  and it won't load.  I can see her message and mine on the Proposal Page, thank goodness.

Eldin G Member Since: Jun 20, 2015
2 of 17

Same here.

I spoted active candidantcy. And talked with client.

But I still get nothing in new message system.

https://www.upwork.com/message-center works fine, so I use it for now.

I hope this will be fixed soon.

Robin J. S Member Since: Aug 21, 2015
3 of 17

Same here - client is trying to send me the job to do and the message isn't showing up anywhere. . I've gotten messages from the Upwork system itself today, but not from my clients and potential clients.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 17

As well, when you apply for a job....the client is not receiving any email notification of your application. I complained about this yesterday so I guess it's another MAJOR failure of the system.

Community Guru
5 of 17

@Jean S wrote:

As well, when you apply for a job....the client is not receiving any email notification of your application. I complained about this yesterday so I guess it's another MAJOR failure of the system.

Jean, not that I don't believe you. Please do not think this is my intent with this reply.

I came across a post about this yesterday (maybe it was yours, maybe it wasn't). However, I wondered how in heck the user knew this, and by the time I had a chance to say this in a post, I'd lost the post.

So, here goes: How do you know this is happening?

I put in a record 4 bids in the last 2 days, which is kinda  a big deal because normally I'm lucky to find somehting to bid on every 2 weeks, so of course this concerns me just a 'ittle bit'.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
6 of 17

@Pandora H wrote:

@Jean S wrote:

So, here goes: How do you know this is happening?

I put in a record 4 bids in the last 2 days, which is kinda  a big deal because normally I'm lucky to find somehting to bid on every 2 weeks, so of course this concerns me just a 'ittle bit'.

I also have a client account here and was trying to hire someone to do some personal work for me. Many freelancers here have client accounts and often hire people.

Ace Contributor
Aditi J Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
7 of 17

I got a notificiation that a client has messaged me (the little red mark on 'Messages'). But I cannot see the message. There is some glitch in the messaging system for sure. 

Community Guru
8 of 17

I wonder what Upwork devs are doing this afternoon, behind the scenes.

<sighs>

Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
9 of 17

I received an interview request earlier today and promptly replied. I have spent most of the day worried wether the client got my response or not. Finally I decided to bite the bullet and sent the client a message where I basicaly greeted him and then said that I read on the UpWork Community that some clients may be experiencing issues with the notifications for proposals and messages and I just wanted to make sure if this was affecting him as well.

As soon as I hit enter, a message from the client appeared before mine with a time stamp of 20 minutes prior. 

I was using the message centre like someone suggested. I do not know if that is supposed to update in real time, but I do not believe I was composing my message for 20 minutes anyway. However, I can confirm that I received no notifications for the reply anywhere. At this point I am also worried if the message only appeared because I sent one as well. Basically, right now, the messaging system of UpWork is useless for communicating.

//edit: I just checked and the message-thread does not show up at all if I go to /messages/ instead of /message-center. 

Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
10 of 17

This issue has been fixed June 3rd. Please move on. Smiley Very Happy

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Mods-please-respond/m-p/103281#M50916

I bumped the thread and it went slient. This bug has been here for many months. It is actually and truely is a platform killer. If we can't communicate with clients, we can't work. The list of problems this is causing would be longer than anyone would have patience to read.

I actually feel like an annoyance to Upwork staff for bringing this one up ver and over as many people have for many months. They have more important things to work on. It's really disheartening isn't it? I can't fathom why they haven't addressed this in a more aggrssive way and why no one other than a forum mod is talking to us about it. Thee should be a head of something in here asking us more, so they can figure out the issue and get it fixed. Or if they don;t care to ask the people being affected, then at least tell us what they are doing about it.

I asked for a contact person for this and that went ignored.

Tell ya what... I'll message someone tomorrow in the Upwork office and ask her to find out what's up. She hasn't failed me yet. I'll post whatever news I hear on the forums

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS