Message Center - Won't Load / Notifications - Not Working In Any Way

Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
11 of 17

Oh... actually tomorrow is Saturday. I'll try Monday morning

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
12 of 17

I got an invite last night and replied. The client added me to his skype but no messages, so not sure if he wrote me back after I replied or not. But no response on skype either and now he is interviewing 2 not one, so not sure if it is a message issue or he found someone for less.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
13 of 17

He may have not heard from you and decided to interview someone else. He won't here from them either.

If you do manage to communicate with a client by chance or previous contact then the message system works, but you MUST have contact somehow to get that to work.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
14 of 17

Jean,

You seemed to have missed what I said. I received the invite, I replied back. He did not reply back on here, but he had my skype and added me to his skype (meaning he received my reply to his invite). There is not an issue with Skype. I believe he found someone cheaper. I did not have an issue commuicating with him. He got my message which had my email and Skype. He had all day to message me on Skype as I work with Skype all day long, so I don't believe it was an issue with the messaging system. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 17

Hi All,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with the Messaging System and I understand that it is very frustrating and affects your business in a negative way. Some of the problems you have reported appear to be different and have a different cause. That's why I encourage you to submit ticket requests with details, such as what browser you are using and which version. Your ticket will be properly addressed, escalated and updated.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
16 of 17

@Valeria K wrote:

....Some of the problems you have reported appear to be different and have a different cause. That's why I encourage you to submit ticket requests with details, such as what browser you are using and which version....

In other words: Help Upwork with its alpha testing. 

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
17 of 17

Update: 8/22 early morning Saturday

Around 6:30 pm MST last night I logged back in to Upwork,, and for some reason (this happened this morning too), the Message Center loaded instead of the Job Feed page. This time, after the usual Triva message was displayed, the Message Center loaded.

However, the messages I had exchanged in the early afternoon with a prospective client were not showing under Interviews, or anywhere else in the Message Center.   Note: I could still see our communicate inside the Proposal page for the job.

Then, sometime between 7:15 and 7:30 pm Friday night, I was browsing another website when I saw a pop up at the right bottom of my desktop screen, with text showing snippets of my communication with that prerspective client. 

I went back to the Message Center, and lo and behold, the communcation we had exchanged early was now displayed in the Message Center.

The point to this update is that it took almost 6 hours for that communication to show in the Message Center.   6 hours!

And I have still not received any email about this.  This has nothing to do with my browser(s).

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS