🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Message delay
Page options
innov8develop
Community Member

Message delay

Hi All,

I have just read through past postings on this topic as I have replied to a number of clients' messages over the last couple of days and had no reply, I can't figure out why.  Can anyone shed some light on this, past posts in this forum seem to indicate glitches in the system could this be the case and if so what can I do?

Kind regards

Angela

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

If you don't want message delay, keep the Upwork Messages tool up and running on your desktop computer.

No way to guarantee there won't be delays if you rely on email.

Thanks Preston, I'm not sure I mean delay, I have sent messages to clients and have not had a reply, which seems strange as we were in the middle of conversations.  I have the message tab open and check and refresh.

I find that the Messages tool is reliable.

If the connection to the Internet is lost, a banner appears at the top of the tool stating this has happened.

If you are chatting with someone in the Messages tool and they don't reply, it is because they didn't reply. Not due to a problem with the Messages tool.

If you find that the Messages tool does not meet your needs for communicating with a client, then use any tool you prefer. Use Skype, email, Discord, Slack, etc.

Thanks,  that is probably the case Smiley Sad

Angela

The message app on the browser works well.

The message app on mobile devices currently seems to be a bit hit and miss lately.

It is quite normal for clients to stop communicating when they have what they need.

Petra R wrote:

The message app on the browser works well.

The message app on mobile devices currently seems to be a bit hit and miss lately.

It is quite normal for clients to stop communicating when they have what they need.

I am not getting app notifications when I get a message to my client account.

I think it is cool if anyone finds the mobile app useful in any way. I have personally always considered it more of a toy than anything else... an afterthought for Upwork rather than a priority. So I have never considered relying on it for anything.

The desktop and browser-based tools are my go-to Upwork tools.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths