🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Message forbidden
Page options
06b4e2ae
Community Member

Message forbidden

I can not access messages from upwork app its showing forbidden , i also updated the app but the problem still continues, any suggestion? I have an ongoing contract really need help with messages.
42 REPLIES 42
honcheunglee
Community Member

I have same issue in app only, please help.
nelmaff
Community Member

Messages on my phone says 'forbidden," but are OK on my laptop. How come? Is something going on with the website?

Thanks!

JoanneP

Hi Jovial, Hon Cheung, Nancy,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same problem. It was working this morning - but not this evening.

Hi Joan,

I've also escalated your report to our team, and one of our agents will also reach out to you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I cannot see messages in my app. Only on my browser.

Hello.. same here.. when i click message icon on my apps, it says forbidden..

Exactly the same issue here. Since last night, I can’t connect to the Upwork application on my phone (I’ve already tried reinstalling/updating it), nor the Upwork website on my computer.

Hy everyone,
Hope you all are fine.

Today, I received a message from submitted purposal and after that I cannot access my messages on app. However, its working on mobile browser or web browser.

The only thing I dont like using it in browsers is that it doesn't maintain session and I have to login again and again.

Please help me solving this issue. SS Attached

PS. There was no link on that message.
ajayjpr
Community Member

Hello Joanne

I am also facing this issue, In mobile app Forbidden message showing in message screen.

Thanks

Ajay Pareek

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ajay,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c0d1c3b5
Community Member

Hi

I am having same problem
Community Member

Same as above problem my messages shows only “forbidden” please take an action

Hi! I have exactly the same issue. The message shows forbidden. I tried reinstalling the app but nothing happens. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you!

Hi,

I have the same issue, when I tried accessing messages in app it says forbidden..
Kindly help 🙂

Hi, I'm also facing the same issue. Thanks!
ziel28
Community Member

Hello.. same here.. when i click message icon on my app, it says forbidden

Hi Ruziel,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
meherhit
Community Member

I am also having the same issue. Upwork message tab works fine on laptop but is showing forbidden on mobile app.

I’m also having this issue.

Hi everyone,

I'd like to confirm that your concerns have been escalated to our team, and one ouf team members will be reaching out to you to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
menttechlabs
Community Member

Same issue here.

Hi Ujjwal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same problem here. I can access message from any browser, but not from my android app.

Hi .

Woke up this morning and I can't reply to client as my message page shows forbidden on mobile app.

I can however check my messages online and on my laptop.

kches
Community Member

Same issue here, says Forbidden on the app, but it’s fine when accessed through the browser or the desktop app. I deleted and reinstalled the app, but it didn’t improve.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Karina,

Our team will reach out to you as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
franz272016
Community Member

Hi,

I would to ask if someone can fix the error message when I go to the messaging tab using upwork app on my phone? Other tabs are working fine but not so sure if why this has a forbidden message and couldn’t see my client’s messages. I already have updated the app. Kindly see screenshot below attached.

Thank you.
0e9559c0
Community Member

Same here

Same here as well
wasifanwar63
Community Member

Hi,
I am facing an issue with in the messages tab it shows forbidden on mobile app. But normal and working on laptop. Please i need some assistance in this regard. Thank you
franz272016
Community Member

I do have the same issue please help me
hv2292015
Community Member

Why my message page is showing forbidden on Upwork app?
hasan-madiha
Community Member

Same here. It says forbidden.
8e901b40
Community Member

How come I can't send messages on Upwork mobile app? It shows forbidden. I have a project on the go and need to be able to talk to my freelancer. Please help with this ASAP!

I have the same problem. It was working this morning - but not this evening.

It is solved. Thanks.

sunshuvo
Community Member

Any update on this issue? I getting the same error.

I can not reply to the client timely. Even I didn't get any email for the unread message.

patrick_argao
Community Member

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again. It worked! I'm able to access my messages now
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths