» Forums » Freelancers » Messages Are Not Loading
Page options
jcottner
Community Member

Messages Are Not Loading

Good day,

Currently unable to load message page.

Get the following error in the console:

Uncaught Error: Script error for "@upwork/ui-components-tracking", needed by: rooms/rooms, plugins/plugins, rooms/rooms-directory/rooms-directory, rooms/rooms-chat/rooms-chat, rooms/rooms-users/rooms-users, rooms/rooms-files/rooms-files, rooms/rooms-search/rooms-search, search/search, room/room, common/common
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror
at makeError (require.js:1)
at HTMLScriptElement.onScriptError (require.js:1)

Checked websockets, they're working and I experience similar results on other devices.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Jessica

6 REPLIES 6
jcottner
Community Member

Hello again,

Updated.

Apparently, I am suddenly not allowed to use adblock on here.

Based on the error message in the console, it is due to Upwork tracking our behavior on the platform.

Glad I figured it out, however, this nearly gave me a heart attack.

And, although I found a solution on my own, it means now I am forced to close numerous pop up ads to use the service, even though I have no interest in using any of them.

Stay classy Upwork.

Sincerely,

Jessica

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica, 

Thanks for sharing this here. If any issue persists, please let us know so that we can investigate further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I can already tell you that it is persisiting, and I think it's backwards that in 2020 I cannot open a page and read my messages when I am trying to use Adblock. This is a conversation that we've had before over 6 months ago and I am rather incredelous that we're having the same conversation again. 

Hi Joost,

I`m sorry about the delay with this. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm also having this issue. Please reach out and see what you can do to help.

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cary,

Could you, please refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths