Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Messages and Room Participants

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jennifer V Member Since: Jan 31, 2018
1 of 7

Hi,

A potential client has expressed intent to hire me, and said he would like someone else at his company to be part of our conversations. He asked if/how he could let that person join our Upwork message space. Is it possible to add a participant to a room if they do not have their own separate account with Upwork?  Any thoughts on how to make this happen?

I have had clients where we moved most of our messaging to email, and then whole groups of folks can be on the email chain. But I definitely prefer to keep everything on Upwork if possible.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
2 of 7

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your message. You can advise your client to invite the freelancer to join Upwork. We have this program we called Bring Your Own Freelancer where client can invite freelancers to join Upwork, please check it here. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks!

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3 of 7
Hi Jo-An! Thanks for the response.

I may not have described the situation clearly enough. The potential client is already an Upwork client and wants me to be the freelancer. He found me on Upwork and intends to hire me on Upwork. The person he would like to join our conversation is an employee of his own company, so kind of like a co-client rather than a second freelancer.

I guess my question is would it be possible for a second person from the client company to join a message room, or do they need to have an Upwork account? Maybe I could advise him to have a company Upwork account that they could both use the same credentials to log into?

Thanks,
Jennifer
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
4 of 7

Hi Jennifer,

He/she needs to have an Upwork account in order for your client to add him to the message/chat room. Hope this helps.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 7
Got it, thanks Jo-An.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
6 of 7

Actually, the client can simply click on "Add a co-worker" on their client message interface which is exactly what that function is there for.

add coworker.jpg

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
7 of 7
Perfect! Thanks, Petra.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS