🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Messages are no longer forwarding to my email...
Page options
dee_tanyol
Community Member

Messages are no longer forwarding to my email - how to fix?

Some months ago, Upwork stopped forwarding client messages and invitations (in fact, any mail whatsoever) to my outside email address. I discovered this by accident, when a longtime client contacted me via email to ask what was happening with his job. (Job? What job?)

I had not changed any of my settings on Upwork, and I could see that they were still correct (that is, my request to forward messages immediately to my email address was still active). Thinking there was some sort of glitch, I changed a few of my settings and then, shortly thereafter, returned them to my usual "forward messages to email" setting. But I still haven't received a single message in months.

Has anyone encountered this problem? (Have the settings changed system-wide? Is there some new choice I should have made?) Does anyone have a solution? It makes no difference if I ask the system to forward me messages immediately, hourly, or daily--nothing is going through. Fwiw, I have a yahoo address. Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Denise,

Our team updated your account from our end and you should start receiving new emails. If you`re still not receiving new emails from us feel free to post an update here or send us (Moderators) a PM. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Denise,

Our team updated your account from our end and you should start receiving new emails. If you`re still not receiving new emails from us feel free to post an update here or send us (Moderators) a PM. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, Goran! I will pester you if the problem continues.

Hi Mods, I have the same problem:

I have always received all notifications before by mail, by the app (phone and desktop), but since last week: nothing.  I'm missing messages notifications from current clients, and invitations as well.

I have not changed my settings at all, please help.

Thanks in advance, Elba

Hi Elba,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. I've reached out to customer support for you. One of our team members will contact you directly via email with your concern. Thank you for reaching out.

~ Riri

Thanks Riri, I'll follow-up with the CS's ticket.

Same problem here. I am new, so maybe it is not set up?

Anyway I think I lost my first job because of it.

Hi Russ,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that the email notification was sent on the same day to your inbox regarding the unread messages. Please check your Spam/Junk folder for the notification. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sooperdave
Community Member

Similar problem, I had a client contact me at 4 AM, showed both in Upwork and my email.  I answered, then she replied a little later but the second message did not go to my email. Unfortunately I did not look at Upwork for hours. Can you help get all messages to my email?

Dave

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dave,

Email notification is not sent if a message is registered as "read". A message would register as "read," when Messages are open in a browser tab or in the desktop app. Did you by chance have Upwork.com open in your browser or had Messages open in the desktop app?

~ Bojan
Upwork
alex_itkin
Community Member

Hello, sounds a common bug. I don't recieve messages to my mail also.

Can you set my account?

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your message. I see that the email notifications are sent out to your registered email address for unread messages. Could you please check your Spam/Junk folder on your email inbox for Upwork notification?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
eb035872
Community Member

TRY to open tnk

his limmunity.upwork.com/t5/Support-for-our-Freelancers-in/Urgent-Help-Templates/ba-p/1028375

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths