Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Messages

Ace Contributor
Sumon B Member Since: Jul 15, 2016
1 of 11

Hello! Community,

Since morning I am unable to load my messages for some reason, I have contacted support but I wanted to know if I am the only one facing this issue. The message page loads but the messages doesnt and then I get an error saying "attempt again" and the same thing happens again and again, the other tabs work ok. I don't know if I should do proposals because I am not sure if clients could reach me.

Am I only one facing this ?

Sumon

Jessica C Member Since: Oct 31, 2012
2 of 11

Me too, I'm awaiting a message from a client and having the same problem.

Ace Contributor
3 of 11

Did you contact support ? I think the messenger not loading is a big problem for freelancers, apart from existing work, I don't know if I should persue new work because if no one can reach me, it would a waste of time and points.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
4 of 11

@Sumon B wrote:

I don't know if I should persue new work because if no one can reach me, it would a waste of time and points.

Let's not overreact... Usually things like that are fixed within minutes, or a few hours, so not applying seems a bit of overkill...

I can actually access my messages and reply fine, just not download an attachment.

PS: I just received an offer and could accept it just fine.

Ace Contributor
5 of 11

I think the problem is fixed now. I can access my message and download attachments as well. You should try again.

Highlighted
Grigoriy V Member Since: Dec 13, 2016
6 of 11

I faced with this problem during communication with one of my client, and now I can't access Messages. I received notification on my E-Mail, but I can't replay to the client.

I found similar problem in this forum, and I tried different ways to solve the problem:

- logged out and cleaned all browser data (Chrome browser for Kubuntu), then logged again and tried to access Messages;

- logged out at my Chrome browser, then logged in with another browsers (Firefox, Opera);

- reloaded computer and tried above ways again;

- tried to do the same with Windows 7.

But I still can't access to Messages. I don't have any other contact ways for this client, so it is pretty disappointing.

I attached screenshot with the problem from Windows 7, Chrome browser. The same I have on Kubuntu.

How to fix this problem?

Ace Contributor
7 of 11

I am facing the same issue, I have started a discussion on community as well. I contacted support but I didnt get much info other than it has been escalated and we have to stay put. Its really frustrating and in the end we end up loosing money and its quite frustarting ;(

Grigoriy V Member Since: Dec 13, 2016
9 of 11

Looks like it is solved now. I followed the guide at support:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067758?input_string=unable+to+access+messages

Maybe they solved issue themselves and solution is not related to my actions at all, but still, it works now.

In couple words:

1. In the Chrome browser, go to a page experiencing the issue (Messages).
  2. Press Ctrl+Shift+I (on PC) or CMD+Option+I (on Mac) or View > Developer Tools > JavaScript Console and then choose the Console tab.
  3. Click Ctrl-Alt-D and wait until the tests complete, then create a screenshot if there are any errors.

There was not any error for me. And it somehow became work.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 11

Hi Sumon and others,

An issue resurfaced a few hours ago that may have affected some users' access to Messages. It has since been fixed. If you continue experiencing issues, please let us know.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Raymon Paul R Member Since: Mar 29, 2018
10 of 11

mee too u cant load messages

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS