🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Messages not loading on Android app (are ...
Page options
bundie702
Community Member

Messages not loading on Android app (are grayed out)

I was running an errand this afternoon and heard my notification go off. When I checked my phone, I had 4 messages. I could see who they were from, but no snippet like I usually do. When I tried to open the messages in Upwork the screen just showed gray lines where the text should be. I waited 10 minutes and nothing changed. Then I tried to load Jobs and Alerts. Both came up without difficulty. I ended up having to drive home (by then I had a fifth message from a different client) and fire up my desktop.

I've never had this issue before. I saw that someone else was having difficulty on Friday, but that was slightly different from my issue...that person was able to load their messages but they hadn't been updated. My messages won't load at all.

Help!

12 REPLIES 12
AndreaG

Hi Bettye,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
stuffing
Community Member

This is also happening to me on iOS and has been for at least 3 weeks now. It’s only gotten worse. And it seems to always be messages that are unread. How frustrating.

iPhone 11 Pro 64gb
iOS 14.2

Things I have tried:
- Force closing app
- Restarting phone
- Clearing App Data (under storage)

Hi Tim,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I’m experiencing the same thing. It’s frustrating to have to go to the website to read messages when I have the app. I’d like to see everything in one place

- iOS 14.2
- iPhone 11Pro
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Ashley.

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
stuffing
Community Member

Are they going to send another boilerplate message like "Please check if your connection is working?"

Please.

Don't waste our time.

@Ashley S

This is exactly what I'm getting on my phone for some messages most of the time. I also have an iphone 11 pro

Hey Tim,

I deleted the app and reinstalled. It fixed the issue for me. It took a little while to load the messages page (10 seconds) on the first relaunch but now I can see everything. Hope that helps!
dew_wickz
Community Member

Hi, my upwork app on android is not working either, messages are not loading.But it works well on iphone.

Hi Dewmini,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ebe67cb8
Community Member

My messenger is doing the same thing. The issue began once I transitioned from a iPhone to a android.

Tried Uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times.

Please let me know what I need to do in order to fix.

Regards,
Cam

Hi Cameron,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths