🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Messages read or not
Page options
nyonomega0
Community Member

Messages read or not

Hi,

I think Upwork should make a feature to see if the messages have been read by the clients/freelancers or not. Just like a normal messenger like Telegram, Skype, Whatsapp etc.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sushant B wrote:

I think Upwork should make a feature to see if the messages have been read by the clients/freelancers or not.

Absolutely not! Just because I have seen a message does not mean I am available (or want to) respond right away, and something like that would open the door to voth clients and freelancers freaking out if they see that the other has read the message and has not responded.

Upwork actually asked us whether we would be interested in this a couple of (?) years ago and the response was overwhelmingly "HELL NO!!!!"

Think it through.... This would make life sooooo stressfull.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Sushant B wrote:

I think Upwork should make a feature to see if the messages have been read by the clients/freelancers or not.

Absolutely not! Just because I have seen a message does not mean I am available (or want to) respond right away, and something like that would open the door to voth clients and freelancers freaking out if they see that the other has read the message and has not responded.

Upwork actually asked us whether we would be interested in this a couple of (?) years ago and the response was overwhelmingly "HELL NO!!!!"

Petra R wrote:

Sushant B wrote:

Never thought it that way. Thank you for your answer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths