Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
André M Member Since: Feb 4, 2015
1 of 3

Greetings

I have found out for the past weekst that my account is sending random messages to clients. (old clients, mostly)

they begun with attachments (viruses), but now they are weird messages with addresses all around the world and nothing else.

Those messages come with weird intevals (one every few days). I have changed my password (twice) and have also cleaned my computer with Avira and Spybot - nothing found.

I have contacted support, but I am also curisou, have anyone noticed anything of this sort with your accounts?

Thanks

Below,Some examples

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 3

Hi André,

I am sorry spam messages are being sent from your account. I am glad to hear you have already reported it to Customer Support, changed your password and ran an antivirus. Usually such spam messages are caused by some external application being allowed to have access to the contact list of your email. So may need to check that. Also, I will follow up with our Security Team about your issue.

Thank you!

André

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ali M Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
3 of 3

Hi, Am also experiencing the same issue. I have revoked my email address access to all websites, changed my email linked to oDesk, ran antivirus software and malware bytes on my computer but nothing seems to help. I have contacted ODesk support and from their reply its like many users are experiencing this.

The worst scenario for me is I have lost a contract already because of this. I hope this gets resolved soon.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS