cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging a client - am I missing something?

mtngigi
Community Guru

The good news, I've finally been hired a few times.

The bad news, I have Elance and Elance workrooms as a measure of comparison on how best to work with a client during a project.

Is it me, is it my browser?  What is it that makes the box I have to type my messages in so tiny?

It is beyond frustrating ... I just want to know if there's some setting I'm missing, or does it look that way for everyone? It's awfulSmiley Frustrated

There's more ... but one topic at a time.

8 REPLIES 8
colettelewis
Community Guru

I've been going on about that bar for a while . . .

Why can't we have the same system for proposals and for writing to clients as we do on the forum?

Ha, another familiar Elance face. 🙂

Yes, as I was writing the post, I wondered the same thing ... why can't it look like this? Well, I guess now I know it's not just me.

I don't undersand why they'd want to present such an unappealing interface.

Not so long ago, I am sure that box was bigger and placed in the middle of the screen. The message gremlin has spring fever and is messing around with the controls again. And is even messing around with the time and dates on the forum messages.

Wave from the ashes 😞

Edited to add: You will get used to Upwork, but I have to say, I even miss oDesk.

Wave back ... 😞

How can they think this kind of thing makes for happy clients (and providers). It's so unprofessional.

Never used Odesk, so can't compare. Only know that I miss those workrooms.

"I don't undersand why they'd want to present such an unappealing interface."

I don't think it's that they particularly want to - it's just that they seem genuinely blind to how things look and are perceived. Whenever they make some "cutting edge" changes, some things on the screen get bigger and some get smaller. Some get sacrificed for ever. That's just the way it is...

firescue17
Community Guru

@Virginia F wrote:

Is it me, is it my browser?  What is it that makes the box I have to type my messages in so tiny?

The text area can be resized in Google Chrome by dragging the lower right corner.

Likewise in Safari.

Hmmm - well, it doesn't do that for me in Safari, or Firefox. I'm not interested in Chrome, though I suppose someday I'll have to capitulate to the monopoly that is Google.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS