Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mickey Mouse????

nhansen
Community Leader
Nicole H Member Since: Nov 15, 2007
1 of 8

As a page was loading on the site, a message popped up briefly that said, "Did you know? Topolino is the name of Mickey Mouse in Italy?"

Is this really how Upwork sees fit to spend our 10% on hiring programmers to give us useless trivia messages like this? Why not instead fix this migraine inducing font?

a_kazleva
Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
2 of 8

It’s easier to distract people from the real problem rather than fixing it. I am sure their intention was to broaden our knowledge with such useful information. How can you not care about Mickey Mouse?

and979
Community Guru
Andrea B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
3 of 8

Hi,

at least the Micky Mouse thing is true.
I spent a few seconds on the message "Every day more money is printed for the game 'Monopoly' than is printed by the U.S. Treasury"... well that's not even true,,, http://brokensecrets.com/2011/02/04/more-us-money-than-monopoly-money-printed-each-year/

kugrin
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
4 of 8

They should do an Upwork Trivia instead.

Did you know? No feedback equals bad feedback. Did you know? Your last 10 applications were hidden. Did you know? On July 28th you'll lose your Top Rated status. And so on.

lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
5 of 8

@Krisztina U wrote:

They should do an Upwork Trivia instead.

Did you know? No feedback equals bad feedback. Did you know? Your last 10 applications were hidden. Did you know? On July 28th you'll lose your Top Rated status. And so on.

Excellent idea!

Ron aka LanWanMan
battershall-ramo
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
6 of 8

Mickey Mouse was about as funny as stubbing your toe, Goofy likewise, and Pluto backward and weird. Scrooge Macduck was misconceived from the outset, and his nephews were really annoying. Thank God Disney and it's spin-offs such as Pixar had the sense to abandon their early cartoon characters, because they're all creepy and wrong Cat Sad

+ Cat SadCat Sad for Tom and Jerry.

monstersong
Community Leader
Patrick P Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
7 of 8

I'm as upset about the functionality (and transparency and responsiveness and etc. etc. etc.) problems as everyone else here, but I find the trivia tidbits charming and a fun touch for load times. Maybe I'm in the minority.

and979
Community Guru
Andrea B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
BEST ANSWER
8 of 8

If the system worked properly without any lags I bet nobody would have been complaining about the bent Upwork has for trivia. But that's it.

View solution in original post

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS