🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Microphone not working
Page options
lae03
Community Member

Microphone not working

Hello everyone!

I have a client who considered my proposal and he would like to interview me. My microphone is not working in upwork. I've checked ny browser and it is up to date. Microphone access and camera is allowed, and also pop up blocker. But still, the microphone won't work. Camera and microphone icon are still in 'red' color. I tried testing my devices in other social apps and both are working properly.

Can I get your suggestions and what were the troubleshooting steps you did to fix this issue.

This might affect my client's interest to award me the project.

Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessa,

I apologize for the late follow-up on your post. Could you please confirm you're experiencing issues with your mice during the call? If you are we'll be able to help troubleshoot and assist you further. Looking forward to your response!

~ Vladimir
Upwork
lae03
Community Member

Aloha!

I was able to test my microphone and camera earlier using my desktop, and
both worked fine. But, my microphone and camera are still not being
detected if I'm using my laptop.

My laptop has the same settings with my desktop's browser (pop up, cookies,
etc.). Both are working in other communication apps except Upwork.

It will be convenient for me if these two are working properly in my laptop
since I use it more frequently.
tlbp
Community Member

Good luck. I suggest that you ask the client to complain to Upwork about the tedious and ineffective experience. My hope is that if enough of the people who spend money on the platform complain, we'll all be set free from this latest "innovation" and can go back to communicating like normal professionals. I think Upwork's comms may be even worse than Skype. 

Hi Jessa,

Do you also have the permissions set up on your laptop for Upwork to access your mic and camera? A lot of time, that's what's blocking sounds and video. This help article has instructions for how to set it up. Please, let us know if that still doesn't work. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Jessa,

Do you also have the permissions set up on your laptop for Upwork to access your mic and camera? A lot of time, that's what's blocking sounds and video. This help article has instructions for how to set it up. Please, let us know if that still doesn't work. 

Would that be this link? https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050212774-Pro-Tips-for-Upwork-Calls

elyannie
Community Member

Same thing happened to me the other day. I can't remember exactly how I was able to fix it but through the Upwork phone chatting system there are additional options with your mic settings. It turns out in my case that it was conncected to the wrong device. I think I clicked on a settings or mic icon if I remember correctly. Good luck!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members