Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mid-Contract Feedback

smartglobe
Ace Contributor
Jamiu I Member Since: Jul 3, 2018
1 of 22

I just read that Upwork has introduced a new feature that allows client to give a public feedback on an ongoing contract.

I believe the amount already earned on the contract will be displayed with the public feedback; right?

For the ongoing contract under Job in Progress, will the amount earned start again from zero or not?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 22

Jamiu I wrote:

I just read that Upwork has introduced a new feature that allows client to give a public feedback on an ongoing contract.

Where did you read that?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 22

Hi Jamiu,

Earnings on contracts on which clients leave mid-contract feedback will continue to be displayed as usual.

Petra, we are testing this option right now and it is not available to all freelancers. We hope to expand it soon!

Untitled
petra_r
Community Guru
4 of 22

Vladimir G wrote:

Petra, we are testing this option right now and it is not available to all freelancers. We hope to expand it soon!

Not shooting the messenger so I've just deleted the rant I wrote. It heavily featured sentiments expressing how I feel about being a lab-rat-freelancer yet again.

How is that fair? When Upwork "tests" new functions on some freelancers, it immediately affects them or others, for better or for worse. 

Springing all that new stuff on us, one thing after the other, secretely, silently, is not right.

It's seriously getting to the point where one logs into the account with a sense of dread as to what Upwork has done now...

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
5 of 22
What Petra said, +1000. These secret tests are getting to be out of control. And yes, they will affect other freelancers negatively. I'm scared to read the Announcement part of the forum, never sure what I will find out.
lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
6 of 22

Hi Petra and Mary, 

I will be posting a thorough announcement this morning. I'm just waiting for screenshots to demonstrate the flow to you all. Although we are gradually rolling out the ability to request feedback for freelancers so at this time not all freelancers will see the button to request it, everyone will see the new feedback tab in their contract rooms, and all clients have the ability to leave mid-job feedback. I will have more details about mid-job feedback in the announcement and I will update this thread when its posted. 

-Lena

Untitled
wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
7 of 22

Another 1000 kudos to Petra's comments. 

We are not lab rats - esp. because every single 'innovation' that is rolled out has defects. 

Perform rigorous BETA TESTING FIRST!

petra_r
Community Guru
8 of 22

EVERY 30 DAYS?

You guys have got to be kidding

Poor, poor clients!!!

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
9 of 22

Petra this is entirely optional. Clients have the option to leave feedback when criteria is met every 30 days but this is not a required cadence and would depend on what works with you and your client and the contract in general. Just like when communicating with your client in messages, you can message your client as often as you'd like, but you decide the cadence of what is needed to properly manage the workload and correspondence with your client. 

Untitled
kfarnell
Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
10 of 22

Lena E wrote:

Petra this is entirely optional. Clients have the option to leave feedback when criteria is met every 30 days but this is not a required cadence and would depend on what works with you and your client and the contract in general. Just like when communicating with your client in messages, you can message your client as often as you'd like, but you decide the cadence of what is needed to properly manage the workload and correspondence with your client. 

Cadence? I assume feedback doesn't have to be given in a musical form?  What does this mean? Regularity or something like that? (Though part of me hopes singing is involved.)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS