🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Mid-Contract Feedback
Page options
smartglobe
Community Member

Mid-Contract Feedback

I just read that Upwork has introduced a new feature that allows client to give a public feedback on an ongoing contract.

I believe the amount already earned on the contract will be displayed with the public feedback; right?

For the ongoing contract under Job in Progress, will the amount earned start again from zero or not?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ilija,

Mid-Contract Feedback does not have an impact on your JSSClients will still have the option to leave feedback when a contract ends, and that feedback is factored into your JSS.

Your client can choose to proactively give mid-contract feedback or you can request feedback from your client when the contract meets these terms:

• The contract started at least 30 days ago.
  • The client has made a payment on the contract within the last 30 days.
  • The client has not provided feedback in the last 30 days.

To ask for feedback, choose Request Feedback under the Feedback tab in the contract room.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

95 REPLIES 95

Hi Ash,

I believe that's not the reason for the issue. You will not have the option to send a request for feedback from your client when the contract did not meet these terms: 

• The contract started at least 30 days ago

Since you were able to send a request which is currently pending, the contract indeed meets these criteria. I've shared your report with our support team for further review. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members via a support ticket here once your case is fully reviewed. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
losatakanos
Community Member

Hello,

I've completed two separate jobs, but I can't send requests for feedback even though I've received the payment and completed the job on both. I would be very grateful if anyone can help with this.

Thanks

Atakan

Contract is opened. You (or client) need to close it first.

Hi Atakan,

Thank you for your message. There are two types of feedback for contracts at Upwork: public and private. Mid-contract feedback is public and shows on your Work History if you are a freelancer (it does not appear on agency profiles). Mid-contract feedback does not factor into your Job Success Score. Check out this help page for more information. 

Your client can choose to proactively give mid-contract feedback or you can request feedback when the contract meets below  terms:

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi sir,
I have already met the terms, requested the client for feedback and he also has submitted it. The review is visible within the contract which is ongoing but not visible on Profile. What's the reason?
Thanks

Hi Rahat,

In general, it may take up to 24 hours before it reflects on your profile.

I just refreshed your profile right now. Could you please clear your cache and cookies and log in again to see if it's already showing on your profile?

~ AJ
Upwork

Yes, but it has been more than 24 hours ma'am. I need this feedback because it is $300 worth of review. When I click on VIEW DETAILS, it says, "Something went wrong, please contact support".
Please check the screenshots.

rahatalihunzai_0-1688622484721.png

rahatalihunzai_1-1688622511259.png

Hi Rahat,

Thank you for your message. I see that the feedback is visible on your Upwork profile now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b7d82bf4
Community Member

Hello,

I have a client on an hourly basis. The first month passed and I request feedback. He replied that the link he got not working. He sent me the link, and I see he was right. It was a useless link he got. He wants to give me feedback on Upwork but he can't. What do you suggest to do in this particular situation? 

My contract title is: Webflow Designer Needed For Freelance & Adhoc Projects

Thanks for your help.
Zoltan
--

"Stay hungry, stay foolish"

Hi Zoltan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can request mid-contract feedback from a client on any open contract if the eligibility criteria is met. Just choose the “Request Feedback” option under the Feedback tab in the contract room.

In order to request mid-contract feedback certain criteria must be met:

• The client made a payment on the contract in the last 30 days.
  • The client has not provided feedback in the past 30 days (using the date that the feedback was last provided, not the date that the feedback was requested).

You can check this help article to learn more.

~ AJ
Upwork
sergio-uncos
Community Member

Good morning,

I am currently on a large contract with differents projects on going. After finishing several of these, I got the option to request feedback for the client.

Once this has been done, my customer has reported that the link where I requested the feedback was broken.

Any idea about how to solve this?

Hi Sergio,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here in the Community. We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

For the time being, feel free to check this help article to learn more about Mid-Contract Feedback.

~ Arjay
Upwork
thesuccessprojec
Community Member

Hi Team,

I sent a mid-contract feedback request to a client but the link that they received is broken and I am unable to generate another feedback request.   How can this be fixed?

thesuccessprojec_0-1686774927331.pngthesuccessprojec_1-1686774990474.png

Hi Belinda,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Berlinda, my client received the same error when I sent him the request. Has this been fixed?

Hi Carl!

I was given the following instructions by Upwork support and it worked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kindly ask him to follow these steps to leave you mid-contract feedback:

1. Go to Jobs > All Contracts and select the contract "Microsoft Office 365 Training (Apps, Teams, OneDrive) Remote Training" 
  2. Go to "Details" tab to see the "Leave Feedback" button.
  3. Otherwise, they can also leave feedback by clicking on the link "Give feedback" which shows as banner on the contract itself.

omit this part because it was my contract : "Microsoft Office 365 Training (Apps, Teams, OneDrive) Remote Training" 

43e2607d
Community Member

Hi All,

I hope you all are doing great. I am facing a big issue. I am working with a client for almost three months and when I requested mid-project feedback. The client tried multiple times to give me public feedback but he hadn't been able to give it so far. How can I resolve this isue?
Attaching the secreenshot that Client shared with me

Hi Ahmad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
2e47d545
Community Member

1. Does running project reviews & feedback affect JSS?

Hi Krupa,

Your JSS measures your clients’ satisfaction with your overall work history on Upwork’s platform. It reflects your overall contract history with your clients and is based on your (or your agency's) relationships and feedback

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks Annie!
I meant the running project feedback - as after 30 days we can request feedback from clients so that affects the JSS matrix or not?

Hi Krupa,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are referring to Mid contract feedback, this feedback is public and shows on your Work History if you are a freelancer. Mid-contract feedback does not factor into your Job Success Score. Clients will still have the option to leave feedback when a contract ends, and that feedback is factored into your JSS.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
rahatalihunzai
Community Member

Hi,
I saw that there was an option to get feedback by REQUEST FOR FEEDBACK while the JOB IN PROGRESS (Contract). I requested and the client has left feedback. I want to know that why this feedback is not visible on my profile. It is visible inside the contract but is not visible on my profile.

Does it need to "End" the contract or it takes time to show on my profile?

Thanks.

Hello Rahat,

Congratulations on such stellar feedback from your client. You may need to pose this question to the Upwork Support Team to find out. 

Hi Rahat,

Thank you for reaching out. Kindly allow up to 24 hours for the feedback to reflect on your profile. If after 24 hours, it is still not reflected, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork

It has been 24 hours already ma'am. Not live yet. I also do not have the option to respond to that feedback, may be this is the reason, I don't know.

db2f7399
Community Member

I have an error when I try to submit feedback to my client, see picture attached. Trace ID 7f015608b882ba6d-EZE

Hi Juan Manuel,

I checked the contract you're referring to and can confirm it's still active. I can also see that you were able to send a request for feedback to your client. Remember that your client has 14 days to provide feedback before your request expires. If they choose not to respond, you can ask again after the 14 days are up, but not before then. 

Feel free to check this help article to learn more about Mid-Contract Feedback.

~ Arjay
Upwork
db2f7399
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Yes I'm still working with the client. I sent a feedback request to him and a message in the client chat appear, asking for a feedback to him (see attached picture), when I try to complete the feedback the mentioned error shows up. 

Hello Juan,

I noticed you recently faced the same problem I did. I found the solution and I thought of sharing it with you.

My post got a support ticket and I received the following reply:

"it is by system design that the option to leave mid-contract feedback is only available for clients at this time.  However, as soon as the contract has been completed/ended, 
both parties will have the opportunity to leave and end-contract feedback."

So.. that's that 😊

Regards,
Katerina.

b73213e8
Community Member

Hello! I recently requested and received mid-contract feedback from one of my clients but when I try to leave feedback for his as well, there is an error message. The first day I was allowed to place the review stars and text but the final message was to try again later.. Now I cannot seem to find this page either and the message says to contact support. How could we solve this problem? Thank you in advance.

Hi Katerina,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you, AJ, for escalating my issue, as it was so quickly solved.

It seems that the option to leave mid-contract feedback is only available for clients at this time. 

Best regards,
Katerina.

pixelot
Community Member

I have just finished 2 projects in the last months and I can´t ask for feedback to the clients. Both projects are 30 days above from the finish time. I don´t understand why is that rare to have a feedback here. This is just blocking me from having more clients that could see my profile and look all the work I have done.

Hi David,

I see you have 3 In Progress contracts under your Work History, 2 of which don't have any feedback. If you're looking to get Mid-Contract Feedback on the 2 that currently don't have any, you won't be able to because no payments have occurred in the past 30 days.

You can ask your clients to end the contracts and share their feedback or you can end the contracts yourself. If you decide to end the contracts, the clients will have 14 days to share their feedback on those contracts. You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
pixelot
Community Member

Sorry, I just do'nt understand it. I just know I did a project, my client is happy with the result and it could be easier the process.

You can send Feedback Request but by going through proper channel.

Goto Jobs > Select Contact > Details. At the right bottom, you will see
"Request Feedback" button. Just click it and it's done.

Do not ever ask for +ve feedback in chat.
Thank you.
gagoboshevski
Community Member

Hi there! A client left a feedback some time ago and yet it still doesn't appear. 

gagoboshevski_0-1696411451793.png

Hi Dragoljub,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and can see the mid-contract feedback on your profile.

759e32fa_0-1696427370332.png

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members