Did you mean: 

Mid-Contract Feedback

florydev
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
11 of 20

Wendy C wrote:

Another 1000 kudos to Petra's comments. 

We are not lab rats - esp. because every single 'innovation' that is rolled out has defects. 

Perform rigorous BETA TESTING FIRST!

This is beta testing.  But I don't agree with how they are handling it.

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
12 of 20

And here we all thought Upwork was client-centric .....

OOOOPS -

moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
13 of 20

This has the potential to cause all sorts of confusion. (Among other issues)

Some clients struggle enough as it is to understand how it works, and now they're being asked to leave feedback before a contract is even closed?

A tenner says that a lot of them will think it means the contract is being closed... by the freelancer. 

florydev
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
14 of 20

Jamie F wrote:

This has the potential to cause all sorts of confusion. (Among other issues)

Some clients struggle enough as it is to understand how it works, and now they're being asked to leave feedback before a contract is even closed?

A tenner says that a lot of them will think it means the contract is being closed... by the freelancer. 

That's up to the freelancer to manage.  This is actually something I see as potentially beneficial to me because I have very few contracts and a they tend to stretch on a bit and it makes me much more vulnerable to one of them going wonky at the end.  My answer now is to occasional bank the feedback by closing a job and reopening it.  It's very distasteful and I would much rather explain this than that.

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
15 of 20

Perhaps the OPTION - initiated by the FLer - to have mid-project review/comments from the client.  But Jaime hit the nail on the head ... clients won't understand what the heck is going on and will resent being asked to rate a project in progress.

Does NO ONE at Upwork think thru these hair-brained schemes?

renata101
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
16 of 20

Wendy C wrote:

Perhaps the OPTION - initiated by the FLer - to have mid-project review/comments from the client.  But Jaime hit the nail on the head ... clients won't understand what the heck is going on and will resent being asked to rate a project in progress.

Does NO ONE at Upwork think thru these hair-brained schemes?

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 6.09.06 PM.png
Is that a rhetorical question, Wendy? 

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
17 of 20

Mark F wrote:

Wendy C wrote:

We are not lab rats - esp. because every single 'innovation' that is rolled out has defects. 

Mark, I must disagree, despite your expertise. This is A/B testing.

Historically, and I believe still predominantly, beta testing is offered, with explanations of its intended benefits and warnings about its potential pitfalls, to willing volunteers, whether they are recruited through private or public invitation.

renata101
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
18 of 20

Douglas Michael M wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Wendy C wrote:

Historically, and I believe still predominantly, beta testing is offered, with explanations of its intended benefits and warnings about its potential pitfalls, to willing volunteers, whether they are recruited through private or public invitation.

I found out where the feedback button lives. It's that throbbing blue radio button near the top of the contract page. However, there's no explanation of what it does when you hover over it.

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 2.22.18 PM.png

Anyone want to press it and find out?

rverang
Community Guru
Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
19 of 20

Renata S wrote:

Douglas Michael M wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Wendy C wrote:

I found out where the feedback button lives. It's that throbbing blue radio button near the top of the contract page. However, there's no explanation of what it does when you hover over it.

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 2.22.18 PM.png

Anyone want to press it and find out?

feedback.png

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
BEST ANSWER
20 of 20

Thanks, everyone. I posted the announcement here. Hopefully, this provides you with more detail of the flow. I included several screenshots which in turn made the post pretty long, apologies.  If you have any questions about this new feature and flow let us know!

Untitled

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS